403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access on this server.

Ok, I've reinstalled. I'm not getting the error I was getting before, I'm getting a blank page. When I change the configure go to display the error details I get this on my homepage:

Warning: include(/home/angler/domains/sentientangler.co.uk/public_html/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/angler/domains/sentientangler.co.uk/public_html/index.php on line 10

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/angler/domains/sentientangler.co.uk/public_html/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/angler/domains/sentientangler.co.uk/public_html/index.php on line 10

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /home/angler/domains/sentientangler.co.uk/public_html/modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl line 21]: syntax error: unrecognized tag 'displayWtPrice' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 590) in /home/angler/domains/sentientangler.co.uk/public_html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1097

I've double checked my permissions and they all seem fine.

Any ideas?

Ok, so I've uninstalled presta, deleted the database, and started again from scratch, including downloading presta again.

I'm back to getting a blank screen on sentientangler.co.uk, but back office is working ok. Could it be something to do with how I'm setting up my database? I'm running out of ideas.

What about checking your permissions ?
I got the blank screen when I hadn't properly set up my permissions for some file that I can't remember which one
There's also a debug setting in some file that can be used to debug but I can't remember where it is, so I'm no use.

You mean the permissions you set as part of the install (777 to certain folders etc)? Yeah, I've double checked those.

The fact that it's done it again on a completely new install makes me think it's something to do with the database I set up.

You're a star jtyana (and spott too!) - The issue I had before was to do with ftp'ing the whole of the prestashop folder and then having it in the format www.mysite.co.uk/prestashop, so this time I tried to do it without the folder.

This meant me ftping each folder over into my root, rather than just the prestashop one. What this also meant was that I neglected to move over every php page, because they aren't stored in a folder.

I shouldn't be allowed near a computer. I really shouldn't. I've now got six sites running prestashop - how did I ever manage that with my level of (in)competence?!!

Thanks again for your help - you helped me figure it out.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I also get the same error message, but none of the above looks like can solve the error. Basically, i am trying to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4, after prefroming upgrade I was getting completely blank page but I copy past .htaccess file from my backup. Now i am stuck with this error message.

please if anyone found the error and has solved share your solution or guide me.

Really appreciate your help,

regards,
om

• 5 years later...