Is there any Free Paypal Module for UK available ?

Hi. Im looking for a PayPal module that will make PayPal work with PrestaShop

After a solid week of conversations and some great help it seems PayPal Europe Module will NOT work with PrestaShop in the UK

PrestaShop want £136.00 for a solution to this but wonder if any clever fellows have or can develop the same solution either for free or at a reasonable cost

Many kind thanks

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/1748-paypal.html

We use this. It is free, and works well

We are in the UK, we have PayPal pro (The £20 a month offering) 

Occasionally payPal gets it's knickers in a twist, but so can any payment system.

We used to have problems with orders not showing, but that has cleared up. After a lot of investigation (with PayPal) we came to the conclusion that PayPal stops trying for a while. Let me explain it this way. When a payment in made on PayPal it sends a message back to Prestashop and the order is finalised. However if PayPal cannot communicate back with prestashop (perhaps a serve glitch, or the site is in maintenance mode) then it stops trying for a short time. It then tries again, if it still cannot get through, it tries again but waits a bit longer. This goes on and on, it waits longer and longer. Eventually it gives up trying. Then after a few days it tries again. 

So, when you are developing a site, with lots of tests and down times, and perhaps server issues it can cause Paypal to give up for a few days

The good thing is that it is very easy to keep an eye on your paypal account and see the orders coming through. When you see a Payment there, you will see the value, and the customer details. Pop into the prestashop back office and you will be able to see the abandoned cart and it is a simple click then to create the order

Let this go for a week or two and I am sure you will find it eventually sorts itself out

We have no issues since our server and development settled down.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ron

Since your reply I have contacted PayPal & Prestashop and spoken to them both.

Im not sure how your getting the "FREE" PayPal Europe module to work. Prestashop have confirmed that it does not work in England and that the paid for module is currently the only guaranteed solution to get PayPal to work in England. It might be as Im using OPC.

This is my first project in Prestashop having moved over from some work in Joomla. It seemed a sensible change as this is my first web "shop." What Im actually appalled by is that I stared my design/shop back in January 2016. I did research to make sure what I wanted to do shop wise and payment wise (using PayPal) was feasible but also that I knew what my cost implications were.

Apart from my research above, when installing PayPal from inside Prestashop, there was also no mention the module would not work in England. The pdf PayPal installation guide also has no mention that the "FREE" module will not work in England. PayPal have decided to take a step backwards saying this issue is Prestashops problem. If so why do PayPal allow the installation pdf be designed and colored in a way that it looks like its an "official" PayPal product  and the word "official" is used for their module. If you removed the single Prestashop logo from the top of the pdf (next to the PayPal logo) you would be forgiven in thinking that it was created by PayPal.

I wanted to build a web based shop, so after research on ALL my options, I choose Prestashop. As with any shop people need to pay and I chose PayPal. Again this after research. As the module was FREE at the time I installed and began building my site I thought I made the correct decision. Prestashop clearly moved the the goalposts and only after myself and others have found that the FREE module does not work in England, now Prestashop want to charge me over £130 for a solution. Rubbing salt into the wounds England is pretty much one of not many places Prestashop want to charge people for a solution to the problem. 

Edited by alex k (see edit history)

All I can say is that we have been using that module successfully for years. And I KNOW it was originally compatible with UK, but I can now see on the module page is says it is not. 

Hmmm, just a thought. We have a note through from PayPal saying they are making some major changes with regards to card payments (not read it yet) so perhaps it is something to do with this future change so I better keep my eyes open

• 1 month later...

Hi

I creating my shop too on presta, but now I'm thinking to go to another software. I'm also a freelancer so was hopping to learn on my own shop and creates customers shop on presta. But price of paypal is from space. this make that in UK not many people would like to go to PrestaShop. shame as this is a very nice ecommerce.

Hi I creating my shop too on presta, but now I'm thinking to go to another software. I'm also a freelancer so was hopping to learn on my own shop and creates customers shop on presta. But price of paypal is from space. this make that in UK not many people would like to go to PrestaShop. shame as this is a very nice ecommerce.

Be careful. The PayPal module you mention as being from "space" does not actually allow customers to pay with their PayPal account. it is for card payments only

Check this thread and you will see a free version by DH2

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/522176-uk-sellers-and-paypal-the-official-status/