[MODULE] Product CMS

caparuni

This module has been reported to the PrestaShop security: it has not been updated for a long time and contains some security issues. For this reason, the zip file has been removed and this disclaimer has been added. The topic will stay available for archival purpose.

yes this is a simple module to attach static content form CMS to product footer
ive made this because i need to put some static content on every product page.

now updated to v0.2....
* can do multiple cms, put as many as you like
* category based, so you can put diferent cms to every product category

please try it and gimme some report :)

WARNING:
this module is a thankyouware so say thank you is a must and send some donation is a hope

22515_CmqkXAOljtfEKOQ6ThU1_t

22516_pUqJK5biG0VORt6FK6fd_t

• Like 2

Great module maybe you can do multiple Product CMS to apply on either 1 or 2 categories in one go. For example you can add a T-shirt sizing chart or picture on every Categories T-SHIRT. This would be even greater.

Nonetheless great job

Regards
Archproject

sorry yumyum this module didnt do such thing. the goal of this module is to put repeated information on product page, so we didnt need to input same thing again and again in the long descriptions on each product.

great module, just have one flaw..., I can only apply it to All Categories and not just to one (or more) specific (product)(sub)category. Any ideas...?

And of course: Thanks for the mod!

Cheers

great module, just have one flaw..., I can only apply it to All Categories and not just to one (or more) specific (product)(sub)category. Any ideas...?

And of course: Thanks for the mod!

Cheers

ive post the answer already at #12

Hi Caparuni,

Great module thanks for your hard work.

One question, is there a way of forcing your module to show the content on a category and all its child categories in one go?

The reason I ask is that I am using a single product per category hack, so when the user clicks on the category it goes straight into the only product in that category (this way the automatic 'blockcategory' s are created correctly and in full)

With your module, it works great for all categories, but I would like to have one CMS page for all categories (and therefore products) under a specific parent category.

My layout is like this:

Home
>Parent Category A
>>Child Category 1
>>>Product 1
>>Child Category 2
>>>Product 2
>>Child Category 3
>>>Product 3
>Parent Category B
>>Child Category 4
>>>Product 4

etc:

So if I am to make a CMS use 'all' categories, it works great, showing on products 1,2,3 & 4.

If I make it show on 'Parent Category A' it does not show at all, as there are no DIRECT products in Parent Category A.

If I make it show on Child Category 1 - it works fine as you would expect, only on product 1, I could do this for each and every Child Category, although I have around 15 Children under each parent (and would also like it to do it automatically if any children are added in the future)

Thanks for your time

Dan

Edit: You can see my parent children explination on the Nineplus Australia link in my signature (its the work in progress)

@sgtbash

ty for your feedback, but right now this module worked based on default category, you can see it on #12. its the same method using on module Products Category, since ive got the idea based on this module

for example set default category for your product 1,2,3 to Parent Category A and then product 4 to Parent Category B. then select diferent cms for Parent Category A and Parent Category B. now u've got a diferent cms for each product based on parent category.

give a try and please report the result back to us ;)

Hi Caparuni,

This works, and shows the CMS page that are set to Parent A, on products 1 and 2 when I set the default category to Parent A...

Thanks

My next couple of questions is:

1) Is there a way of importing the Default Category? (I use the CSV import tool for all my sites and doing this manually would take forever)
2) Can you tell me if there is a way of sending a 'cms page ID' from productscsm.php into productscms.tpl? I would like to do this as I have modified your code slightly to put the cms pages in-line with the 'More details' and 'Features' tabs (see here: http://www.nineplusaus.com/product.php?id_product=201)
Although I am having trouble getting it to seperate them, ideally by a unique id per cms entry so that the hide / show tab can figure it out

Dan

Update: I've managed to get the tpl files to put the tab content in-line without the use of a newly generated 'id'... I've used the cms->link_rewrite, which is unique and has no spaces.

Example can be seen here:

http://www.nineplusaus.com/product.php?id_product=201

If you want the new edited files please let me know and I'll pass them to you Caparuni.

Dan

Just want to fix the Parent Children thing without the need for setting the default category now =)

Ok will do, I'll test it tomorrow morning to make sure that I've not accidentally modified any core file (pretty sure i havent) but just want to check, and make sure it all works as a module out of the box and I'll upload it here =)

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

hi there! thanks for the module.
however i've a little problem.
at the moment, the CMS page is above my other 'tabs' (eg more info, comments, etc)
is it possible to make them in-line together? that would be great! thanks again!

• 2 months later...
yes this is a simple module to attach static content form CMS to product footer
ive made this because i need to put some static content on every product page.

now updated to v0.2....
* can do multiple cms, put as many as you like
* category based, so you can put diferent cms to every product category

please try it and gimme some report :)

WARNING:
this module is a thankyouware so say thank you is a must and send some donation is a hope

Loving this module, but i need it to be a the bottom of each page and it stays right under the image! Is it possible to place it at the bottom of each page?

I want to say thank you caparuni
Module is nice to use.

I found a little bug and want to share with you how to resolve.
When site is on main page and click in links all work OK /I want to say that I use it in right colon and module stay in all pages/
But if I am on one of other pages /entry in site/ for example: some products, sub category or e.t.c when I click on any links in my NEWS BLOCK I receive "error 404 page is not found". I see where is mistake - all links ask news.php or cms.php in main directory and can't find it in other entry directory.
Example: www.mysite.com/news.php is OK but in www.mysite.com/directory/news.php can't find

For resolving this problem change in /modules/blockcmc/blockcms.tpl in all links: href="...." put href="{$base_dir}....." that will work in anywhere in site. May be use simple find and replace option

I have one question for caparuni
Block show only 3,4,5 /what i choose/ from all CMS section /typically last added/ . Can a make him to use only thees of them that I want? And how

Thanks again
Kolio

• 3 weeks later...

Caparuni,

any module updates to make it work on Prestashop 1.3.1.1?

heheheh ... I have been loving this module

EDITED : woops heheheh ... it works in prestashop 1.3.1.1 .. sorry .. anyway ... when I assign multiple CMS to a product category it will just stackup one on top of the other? how can I make it So that the multiple CMS will show in multiple tabs in the products page so not to waste space.

how can I move the Product CMS to display under the description and comments?

• 1 month later...

Hello Caparuni,

Yes what archi says. I like that function too! Also want to have other tabs like products feature in the same line of the cms tab.
Can you make this possible? How long will that take's for a new version will come.

Tnx

Digisli

There is a module that puts an extra tab inline with comments and you can have tabs under that tab too ... go to this thread
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/12610/third_party_modules/module_extra_tabs

Caparuni,

I still want to make your Product CMS to be below the comments and all tabs. or inline with it ... maybe you can combine with the thread above to get a very nice module. Combine your features.

• 3 weeks later...

He Archproject,

Thanks for your advise, but that's not what i am looking for. This mod extra tab can't show on selected catagories.
Thats the good one of this module products cms that you can choose your catagories you need.

I only want that the tabs are in-line with the others standard tabs! Does some body know how to do that??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jeet,

I cannot take any credit for the module, it is by the creator of this thread, I have just modified it slightly to suit my requirements (and may suit yours also).

The CMS item shows per category.

On my site I use one product per category (for many reasons) which enables me to have different CMS for each of my products.

PM me your email address and I'll forward you it over.
(Dont want to post it online as people may think it an update to the original)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jeet,

I cannot take any credit for the module, it is by the creator of this thread, I have just modified it slightly to suit my requirements (and may suit yours also).

The CMS item shows per category.

On my site I use one product per category (for many reasons) which enables me to have different CMS for each of my products.

PM me your email address and I'll forward you it over.
(Dont want to post it online as people may think it an update to the original)

Can you also send me your edited module? Please I have PM you

• 5 weeks later...

hello,

I am new to this forum and beginner in Prestashop.

I am also interested in this module but customized for category pages. I mean, instead of displaying the list of products, include a CMS page specially created for the respective category or subcategory.

Anyone reached anywhere with this?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hi!
I discover this great module : thanks to its author !
I would like to display the same CMS page to every product from one manufacturer (but in differents categories...and the categories cannot only contain products from a single manufacturers)
Is it possible to do that ?
Thx for your answers

• 2 months later...

I will also like the inline function for more info, comments, data sheet etc....

Somebody succed with this?

Hi Jeet,

Do you mean what I have done here: http://uk.nineplus.com/nineplus-fullsuit/209-retro-fullsuit.html

I have the 'Pre-Orders' and 'Sizing' as CMS pages in the BO.

Let me know and I can forward you my edited module.

Dan

Hi, I have also sent you PM requesting your version of the Products CMS module. I will appreciate ıf you PM me the files as well. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, after a long delay - please find a download link for the modified module HERE.

Again - I take no credit for this module, and have not posted it on here to avoid any confusion between the actual module and my modification.

Thanks

Dan

Ds Websites

Hey everyone, after a long delay - please find a download link for the modified module HERE.

Again - I take no credit for this module, and have not posted it on here to avoid any confusion between the actual module and my modification.

Thanks

Dan

Ds Websites

It work perfect on PS 1.4

Thanks both of you very much!

• Like 1

Hello,

i modified this module a bit, so that now the cms is not only attached in the default category, but in all categories of the product on the product page. Also the categories are now listed in an hierarchial manner in the dropdown of the modul configuration.

As soon as I have more time I'm going to add some more features.

Tested with Prestashop 1.4

Greets.

productscms_modified_genix.tar.gz

• 3 months later...

Hello and thanks both for this module.

I installed the sgtbash's version. It is aligned with other tabs, it has the correct cms name but no contents...(as if the cms article is empty) Any help?

With the original module, there was no problem....except the position :)

Hi Agras,

It may be something to do with where the module is hooked. (Modules > Positions)

Product CMS needs to appear in both 'Tabs on product page' and also 'Content of tabs on product page'

What version of PS are you using? I have just installed 'my modified module' on 1.4.6.2 and it worked straight away.

Let me know

Dan

Hi Genix,

Did you modify the original module, or update the one I modified?

Dan

Hello,

i modified this module a bit, so that now the cms is not only attached in the default category, but in all categories of the product on the product page. Also the categories are now listed in an hierarchial manner in the dropdown of the modul configuration.

As soon as I have more time I'm going to add some more features.

Tested with Prestashop 1.4

Greets.

Thanks a lot for the immediate response.

The module is hooked where u said.

I'm using the latest (with other theme. I don't know if there is a conflict with the theme)

(u can check it here http://www.silver4yo...ings/10--1.html - The sizing tab)

EDIT: Hmmm yes it's theme related problem. I tested it at clean install and it worked fine. I'll try to fix it.*

Thanks both again.

*after a long effort and no results....do u know where shall i look?

I have 1product in two categories and displays both CMS associated with the two categories.can display only CMS associated with each category ?

CAT1 - PROD1 - CMS1

CAT2 - PROD1 - CMS2

now show

CAT1 - PROD1 - CMS1+CMS2

CAT2 - PROD1 - CMS2+CMS2

Hi Corint1,

Where you have the product categories in your product, there should be a drop down box above it that says "Primary Category" - I think this is where the CMS module decides where to show the CMS pages.

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hi there, GREAT MODULE ! many many thanks to both of you, very ususefull as is but one question is it possible to have the manufacturer list (with or instead of) the category list. That would be usefull in case of different sizing or informations like shipping, conditions or decoration methods per manufacturer. If yes what would be the changes to make in the files ?

Just a quick update to say that the modified module by myself works fine with 1.4.7 (installed and working yesterday). Not sure on Genix's version.

Genix - did you modify the original module, or modify my modified version?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...