CMS - City listings - Directory

dan4288

I have searched for a module- paid or free but I can't find one.

I need to set up a directory listing of colleges.  I have over 5,000 colleges and doing them by hand is not going to happen.

I need to import cats, subcats to cms pages.

I also have considered using the categories for products and importing that way but I don't want 5,000 or more of the same product on every college page.

Has anyone done listings by city, state for example and if you did is there a module or how did you do it ?

Thanks for your time,

Dan

I am looking to implement this into prestashop.

I have my products I sell all ready. I have contracts with colleges all ready.  I have a store all ready with the listings but we are moving to Prestashop.

The prior platform it was easy to import the csv - cats,subcats,products ect ect .

This platform is a nightmare trying to figure the import out.  I have spent hours trying to find out the correct way to import cats/subcats.  Most of the ways didn't make it any easier then doing it manually when you have a lot of listings.

The way my current site has it is basically created a cat/state/collegesinthatstate/the college   On this page were all the products we sell.

I wanted to do more of a cms page with out all the products on each one.

If I have to to stay with the old method then I will.

Hope that clarifies what I am looking to do hopefully.

Thank You,

Dan