SEO Module for Prestashop 1.6.1.4

mpatzekov

I am new to Prestashop and I find it really great. It is easy to navigate, easy to understand, it has friendly UI both at the front and the backend. However, there are certain issues that I am trying to solve and I really can't find an easy way to do so. All my troubles led me to ask you, the Prestashop community, a very simple and straight question:

Is there on Earth any free SEO Module for Prestashop 1.6.1.4 that can handle one of the major and most important factors for being indexed properly by Google's search engine, as following.

1. To be able to choose title rules for categories, brands, products, etc like in the example below:

Category | Brand Name

Category | Parent Category | Brand Name

Category | Parent Category | Parent Category | Brand Name (no matter what the separator is)

Product Name | Brand Name (this is already a default in PS., of course when you manually change the separator)

etc.

2. To be able to remove the IDs from the URLs of categories. I have read the mythbusters's analysis that pointed out that there is not a big deal if you just leave the ID's. Well, my 10 years of experience in pages being indexed and not only indexed but properly understood by Google, tells me that it's better to have:

www.mystore.com/parent-category/parent-category/category , rather than

www.mystore.com/143-category or 

www.mystore.com/parent-category/parent-category/143-category (when www.mystore.com/135-parent category and www.mystore.com/parent-category/138-parent-category)

It's all about depth in the URL structure and making search engines understand this structure. This can sometimes boost you a single position above your competitors and speaking of numbers, the difference between #1 and #2 is something like 30% of all searches made on specific query which is not such a small difference that a store owner should ignore.

So this is where the mythbuster's story end. 

3. To be able to properly handle canonical tags in cases like:

www.mystore.com/lovely-product-7.html

and

www.mystore.com/lovely-product-7.html?search_query=lovely&results=4

The second URL should have a canonical tag to the clean version of the product.

And again, straight to the point - Is there any SEO module that can handle all these very important issues? I have found none. Well, there are some paid addons but this is not what I am looking for. And I believe many PS developers and owners share my opinion.

To conclude - I really love PS. I just think that properly configuring your on-site SEO without using web design agencies to write some additional functionalities is a must. But, of course, this is my opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

ID or not does not have any SEO impact. Prestashop uses the ID in the url to retrieve the record in the database. You wouldn't mess with that parameter. There is a hack that makes it possible to remove the ID. However, few people have tried and their shop went done. I would not recommend that.