Upgrade from 1.4.11.0 to 1.6.xxx (Latest Version)

We have an active website running on PrestaShop 1.4.11.0. We tried to upgrade it to latest version with 1-Click Upgrade, but it gave error everytime. We need an expert to make this happened.

We copied all the site, db to another domain, so you can work on that temporary site.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Look at your php error log, and deactivate modules who give 500 error.

Or put the lines of error log.

I've just done an update 1.4 to 1.6 and all is fine for me now.

i've update my prestashop from 1.4 to 1.6 on local

but when access my store , the old url is like localhost/prestashop/en

and than, after update , i cannot acccess it

i try to install new prestashop 1.6, and access it like localhost/prestashop1/

and i forwarding to localhost/prestashop/index.php

so, how can i fix my url shop with new like above

or, can i use my old url to access ?

thank you before :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/22/2016 at 7:12 AM, hayridumanli said:

We have an active website running on PrestaShop 1.4.11.0. We tried to upgrade it to latest version with 1-Click Upgrade, but it gave error everytime. We need an expert to make this happened.

We copied all the site, db to another domain, so you can work on that temporary site.

Did you get this fixed? were you able to do the upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, robcr08 said:

Did you get this fixed? were you able to do the upgrade?

No, I couldn't get this fixed and not able to upgrade. We worked a lot about it, but we think Prestashop is getting worse and worse, you cannot upgrade, each new module causes a lot of problems, and even it has errors in first setup (like white page error), they even cannot find a solution about it. So, we told our customer that we couldn't upgrade, our customer left us, we were very sad that our customer left us, but at the same time we were very happy that we got rid of buggy Prestashop forever :)

I Don't think so Hayrdumanli. I think Prestashop is a good platform. The problem happened just because of data upgrade process. 

If you see that tool cannot upgrade your Prestashop properly, you use another tool, for example litxetension. It is also friendly to use, works and migrates your data from prestashop to prestashop accurately and quickly. 

The app is designed for any users without technical skills required. You can use it easily by following very clear tutorials provided. I highly recommend you to try the free demo to test the result first. You can get it right here for free https://bit.ly/2KmhTc5

The support is available on livechat. You find further information right there and get response quickly.

Hope it helps!