Advice: Don't buy "Community developer" theme

Hi everybody,

just a public message to advice you not tu buy "Community developer" themes. Mine has a bug in the menu, I contacted the programmer many times and also Prestashop: No answer at all, have to hire a programmer to fix it.

If I spend money to purchase a theme, I expect something working, if not at least a fix.

Programmer doesn't assume his mistakes, Prestashop doesn't either (no answer at all from any part). It's my first experience with Prestashop, could be the last !

Support is crap and they have many people for pre-purchase process and nobody once you have spent your money.

Be adviced.

How long have you been waiting for an answer?

Also "Community developer" stands for any developer that is not a PrestaShop partner, so this could mean a lot of folks.

Hi mdekker,

thank you for replying. I've been waiting for more than 2 months now, with many contact either to developer than Prestashop.

Theme I've purchased is "SpecialDev SpinningReel" and I've a problem with menu.

THis is sad, I paid for it and now I've to pay someone to fix this.

• 1 month later...

In this case you should ask for refund :)

Hi Globosoftware,

I habe been contacted by a member of Prestashop (see above) in private message. Since 25th of March, where he told me they would contact the developed and make a refund if no answer would be given, then no news. Sincerely I'm very disappointed with the service. I paid for nothing, Template seems to have been removed, but they don't take any action for a refund. Will try to contact them again but it's annoying things aren't done automatically. :angry:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I apologize for bringing this old topic up again, but I have the same experience.

I bought a theme from Prestashop addons store thinking it is the safest place to buy. I actually discovered that the menu on this theme has a bug which makes it unusable on smaller screen mobile devices on the demo site. I contacted the developer before I bought the theme and got a reply in a few hours saying they can fix it for me. So i bought the theme because I really liked the design and developer seemed quick to reply.

That was a month ago. After I bought the theme, it takes at least 3 days for the developer to reply to my messages. They sent me a line of code to fix the menu problem (took a week, but ok). I implemented the fix, it fixed the problem on smaller screen devices, but made the menu unusable on larger screen ipad's. After that, then their technical team had a holiday and now I have not received any reply for over 20 days...

In the mean time I have discovered more problems with the theme, most of them are also on the demo site. I understand that different configurations and module combinations can have problems, but I don't understand how someone can sell themes that are broken on demo sites?

I can't even find a way to contact Prestashop about this, so thats why I wrote here. What are my options?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply selectshop.at!

It seems to me that both places You suggested will contact the developer and not Prestashop.

EDIT: I tried the online chat and that was also very unfriendly experience. Chat was ended before I could reply.

Agent - Pierre-Alexandre 
To do that, you will have to :

- Use the form : https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us

- Choose : "I have a question concerning a product I bought"

- Select the appropriate module in the pull-down list and choose the subject "I didn"t get any answer to my request" 
Visitor
I don't see "I didn"t get any answer to my request" option there?
Agent - Pierre-Alexandre 
You should have if you have contacted the developer directly from our platform
Agent - Pierre-Alexandre 
If not, you have to start over 
Agent - Pierre-Alexandre 
Have a nice day 

So basically he is saying I did not even contact the developer? I did contact the developer from prestashop addons site product page, it seems that doesn't count as their platform? How should have I known that? Now I have to start over... Are they hoping that the 3 months support period will expire and then they don't need to to anything?

What happens if developer answers every message in 5 days as required but doesn't fix the problems? It seems to me that until developer replies in time, there is no way to contact prestashop about this problem. And after 3 months, they will just tell you that they can't do anything about it. Looks like a good business plan, make it impossible to complain about something and it's all good.

Edited by JazZ (see edit history)