Customer Service Page Is Unreachable

What is the page url? Are you using friendly urls? Make sure the rewrite is the one you are trying to reach, in the back office, preferences, seo and urls

The page URL is in the back office, customers -> customer service page.

Friendly URLs is on but I tried by turning it off but with no luck.

Do you still need the page url of customer service page in the backend.

When I now try to reach, I get the following error;

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at **@**.**.**to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hmmm, what if you try to add that admin page again? From administration, menus, click add new and use AdminCustomerThreads as class name. You can use any parent, just for the sake of testing

No chance, I still get the same result.

• 1 month later...

Ok. Found the way out of this.

Go to your database. Select ps_configuration and find:

PS_SAV_IMAP_URL

PS_SAV_IMAP_PORT

PS_SAV_IMAP_USER

PS_SAV_IMAP_PWD

Set all of them to NULL.

Now my customer support is reachable again. 

I think my problem was that i entered ssl/tls settings while i don't have it enabled. When i entered non SSL data for my IMAP all works fine. 

Edited by zubejan (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ok. Found the way out of this.

Go to your database. Select ps_configuration and find:

PS_SAV_IMAP_URL

PS_SAV_IMAP_PORT

PS_SAV_IMAP_USER

PS_SAV_IMAP_PWD

Set all of them to NULL.

Now my customer support is reachable again. 

I think my problem was that i entered ssl/tls settings while i don't have it enabled. When i entered non SSL data for my IMAP all works fine. 

Thank you so much! I try to fix it and i remove a lot of message and try to find error...

• 1 year later...

Customer Service link in BO produces error 500

I have same issue.. Unable to access Customers > Customer Service via admin or Advance Parameters > E-mail.. I confirmed that file (AdminCustomerThreadsController.php & AdminEmailsController.php) exists and also the db settings for ps_sav_imap_porter, user & pwd are all set to NULL.

I've removed the file AdminCustomerThreadsController.php & AdminEmailsController.php. and in BO I get error message stating that files are missing.. When I replace the files back into director, the error 500 continues.

I enabled the debug file (config/defines.inc) with no additional details.. Just error 500 when attempting to visit admin customer service or admin emails.

I've tried replacing file AdminCustomerThreadsController.php. with different version of PS with no prevail.

Did anyone figure this out?

Edited by thx2012
updated troubleshooting (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 11:25 PM, thx2012 said:

Customer Service link in BO produces error 500

I have same issue.. Unable to access Customers > Customer Service via admin or Advance Parameters > E-mail.. I confirmed that file (AdminCustomerThreadsController.php & AdminEmailsController.php) exists and also the db settings for ps_sav_imap_porter, user & pwd are all set to NULL.

I've removed the file AdminCustomerThreadsController.php & AdminEmailsController.php. and in BO I get error message stating that files are missing.. When I replace the files back into director, the error 500 continues.

I enabled the debug file (config/defines.inc) with no additional details.. Just error 500 when attempting to visit admin customer service or admin emails.

I've tried replacing file AdminCustomerThreadsController.php. with different version of PS with no prevail.

Did anyone figure this out?

Update table ps_configuration to the settings shown in the picture below:service.thumb.png.6e6a1a0487a9d4286ba5815dbaec9a24.png

• 1 year later...

I just downloaded Prestashop 1.7.6.4 and I am currently having a server 500 issues when I click on the Customer Service link in the admin panel.

Error:

Pending Discussion Threads

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I found this forum link and started reviewing for a fix.

Looks like the tables that are mentioned to set to null do not issues in Prestashop 1.7. I have deleted everything and reinstalled again to force a rebuild on the table. Same issue occurs for this Customer Service Menu and the PS_SAV_IMAP_?? are not in the PS_CONFIGURATION table. Could someone provide any assistance on how I can fix this>

3 minutes ago, kdmonk1 said:

I just downloaded Prestashop 1.7.6.4 and I am currently having a server 500 issues when I click on the Customer Service link in the admin panel.

Error:

Pending Discussion Threads

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I found this forum link and started reviewing for a fix.

Looks like the tables that are mentioned to set to null do not issues in Prestashop 1.7. I have deleted everything and reinstalled again to force a rebuild on the table. Same issue occurs for this Customer Service Menu and the PS_SAV_IMAP_?? are not in the PS_CONFIGURATION table. Could someone provide any assistance on how I can fix this>

Hello Kdmonk1,

We could thake a look at your issue, but since we are unable to reproduce this error we will need access to your store to see whats happening.

If you send us credentials in private we will thake a look at it and post a solution here.

Thanks @Crezzur for the assistance. I am not ready to provide access to my panel. I have set up Prestashop 1.6 a few times in the past so I know what to expect. This is my first time setting up Prestashop 1.7 from the beginning so I will do some troubleshooting before I finally give up and hire someone. Not for sure why my server is not accepting this version, so I will try to go back to a different version to see if that makes any difference. If any one else has any suggestion please feel free to give me guidance on this matter.

1 hour ago, kdmonk1 said:

Thanks @Crezzur for the assistance. I am not ready to provide access to my panel. I have set up Prestashop 1.6 a few times in the past so I know what to expect. This is my first time setting up Prestashop 1.7 from the beginning so I will do some troubleshooting before I finally give up and hire someone. Not for sure why my server is not accepting this version, so I will try to go back to a different version to see if that makes any difference. If any one else has any suggestion please feel free to give me guidance on this matter.

We are not looking for a paid work here, we just want to help the community.

@Crezzur I understand and it is great that you are able to assist. I was able to figure out my problem. After turning on DEBUG mode in the admin panel i was getting the error for mbstring not being reachable. So I used the link below to fix my issue:

https://www.vmotionhost.com/client-area/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/136/How-to-enable-MBstring-option-on-my-WHMorCPanel-VPS.html

I also needed to change the session.save_path to "/tmp" in my php.ini. All is well and working now.

• 2 weeks later...

La pagina de servicio al cliente no carga:

La solución mencionada ingresando a la base de datos funciona correctamente, este problema surge cuando ingresamos datos erroneos en los campos IMAP, la solución es tan sencilla como ingresar a la base de datos, buscar estos campos y ponerlos NULL o dejar el campo vacío.

Buscar la tabla: ps_configuration

Buscar estas líneas:

PS_SAV_IMAP_URL

PS_SAV_IMAP_PORT

PS_SAV_IMAP_USER

PS_SAV_IMAP_PWD

Editar cada una y poner "value" Null o dejar vacío.

image.png.6e4dffb0ba95f944794cb20b25cb17e3.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 6:36 PM, Jackobeast said:

La pagina de servicio al cliente no carga:

La solución mencionada ingresando a la base de datos funciona correctamente, este problema surge cuando ingresamos datos erroneos en los campos IMAP, la solución es tan sencilla como ingresar a la base de datos, buscar estos campos y ponerlos NULL o dejar el campo vacío.

Buscar la tabla: ps_configuration

Buscar estas líneas:

PS_SAV_IMAP_URL

PS_SAV_IMAP_PORT

PS_SAV_IMAP_USER

PS_SAV_IMAP_PWD

Editar cada una y poner "value" Null o dejar vacío.

image.png.6e4dffb0ba95f944794cb20b25cb17e3.png

Confirmo que esta solución FUNCIONA para el problema de la página de Servicio al cliente cuando arroja un error de acceso. Coloqué los parámetros vacíos:

update ps_configuration set value='' where name='PS_SAV_IMAP_URL';

update ps_configuration set value='' where name='PS_SAV_IMAP_PORT';

update ps_configuration set value='' where name='PS_SAV_IMAP_USER';

update ps_configuration set value='' where name='PS_SAV_IMAP_PWD';

Como solución de fondo recomiendo hacer la prueba de instalar el componente de IMAP corespondiente a su servidor web (Nginx o Apache) y verificar host, puerto, usuario y contraseña. Por algún motivo que desconozco Prestashop almacena esta información. Como dato de seguridad, la contraseña se almacena como texto plano, lo que me genera un poco de inquietud.

En mi caso puse esos parámetros vacíos y se corrigió el problema de inmediato.