Hello all!

First, I hope I am posting this question in the right forum. Honestly, I'm not too sure where it should go, but since ultimately it does concern a module I am posting it here. Apologies if this is the wrong section.

I am close to going live with our shop but still have a couple of kinks to iron out. The major issue I need to address is getting a payment module/system setup. Although I am quite familiar with storefront merchant terminals, I do not fully understand how online credit card transactions are handled.

We have narrowed our merchant company down to two. The first company processes their credit cards through First Data and the second through WorldPay. I know there are modules for both out there, but my question is: Is implementing one of these modules the only thing I need to process credit card transactions through my PS shop?

I guess the person who had programmed our previous site (before I stepped in and decided to go with PS) used the FirstData merchant company, and they have been charging us a YourPay gateway fee on top of the normal fees (normal being the same ones I see from our storefront accounts). So my next question is: what does a gateway do and is it something I need to consider before implementing one of these modules?

I know this is kind of confusing, but basically I am trying to figure out what I need in order to process cc payments without any excess fees being charged by the merchant company.

Thanks!

One advice, get a paypal account. Its simple, easy and not that expensive. With paypal you can credit card payments.

nd there are plenty of modules out there. So cheers

I probably should have mentioned that I will also be implementing the paypal module. But we would rather have a merchant company process the transactions... because of the slightly better rates and secondly they don't have to leave our site.

Iknow there are modules out there... but aren't they specific to a merchant or processor? Or am I missing something? Iguess this is part of the question that I am trying figure out.

Thanks!

I probably should have mentioned that I will also be implementing the paypal module. But we would rather have a merchant company process the transactions... because of the slightly better rates and secondly they don't have to leave our site.

Iknow there are modules out there... but aren't they specific to a merchant or processor? Or am I missing something? Iguess this is part of the question that I am trying figure out.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat mytheory. I need a module that will work with Quantum gateway and this is one aspect of Prestashop that is woefully neglected.

Paypal is NOT a viable solution for serious ecommerce marketers by itself...you are losing sales by going with that alone...period.
  • Like 1