Order Made Successfully, But Paypal Payment Missing?

jackbeanoffendsyou

Hello

I have a pretty urgent problem that happened for the first time today.

A customer made an order, the order was made successfully and shows 'payment accepted.' However I received no email of payment confirmation from paypal like I normally do, so I logged into Paypal to check and there is no payment anywhere. Not even a failed one or pending one, the payment was never made.

What has happened? How can I correct this? 

This is a pretty big error and a massive problem, considering Prestashop is telling me that the payment was made and it wasn't!

I haven't done anything to the website EXCEPT some minor colour changes using the Theme Configurator module. All other customers recently have paid with no problems.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - After a few test emails, it's happening on EVERY order. Orders are made, both myself and the customer get a 'your payment was sent / payment received' but NO PAYMENT TRANSACTION has actually occurred! 

Edited by jackbeanoffendsyou (see edit history)

From the symptom, it seems that the method Payment->validateOrder() is called to created even the payment was not valid/error, for example there was errors during payment but the module did not detected it. 

If you are are using commercial paid Paypal module, it is better to contact the developer/author of the module to ask for hekp.

Otherwise, it is better give the name of the module and version so someone may give you more advises.