Abnormal Behavior In Cart Rules (Or Voucher)

Alvaro Tarela

Installed version: PS 1.6.1.2. Default theme.  

I'm trying to create a voucher for Shipping free if the minimum amount of the cart is 50 EUR.  

But the problem is that I want that in those 50 EUR, only count the products belonging to a category called PROMO. The fact is that the behavior of vouchers is a bit chaotic, I'll try to explain it with two examples that should work the same manner:

1) If I create a voucher of 10% discount with a minimum amount of EUR 50 and applicable to the PROMO category, the cart only uses the products of the PROMO category to calculate the minimum amount for which the voucher is applicable .  

2) However, if I create a voucher of type Free shipping with minimum amount of EUR 50 and applicable to the PROMO category, the cart takes into account ALL products in the cart to calculate the minimum amount for which the it is applicable, and not only products from the PROMO category.

Is this behavior normal or there is a voucher system bug? Is there any way to create voucher Free shipping but with only the minimum amount for products of certain categories?