Technical Error: Details: Error Thrown: [Object Object] Text Status: Parsererror

vulcanrd

I am getting this error when trying to add weight ranges to shipping carriers that I have. It mostly seems to happen at random and I have been able to complete some of the carriers but others will cause the error every  time.  The console reports the following: Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

Is there a solution for this?  I couldn't find anything online about it.

I have v. 1.6.1.4

Thank you!

The synchronous warning can be ignored. For the other, keep the console open. When it happens, tab to network and inspect the last red entry (likely to be yours) and see its response. Post the error here, so we can help you troubleshooting

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also having this problem. I am using v 1.6.1.6 with the default template. Only 2 language modules have been added. German and French. 

I added 2 shipping carriers with tables for weight and finished it with no errors. Then I looked at the carriers and noticed that they had been disabled again. When I open them all the tables had gone. If I try to add any I get the same error.

I try looking at the console and get this

jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

If I go to the network tab as suggested I can not see any entry in red to report.

• 1 month later...

I did an crtl+F5 then tried again as noted on some other thread but that didn't work. 

The next day I changed the range from  >= 49 < 10000   to <5000 then it worked.   Not sure what it was but now I don't want to touch it as it's set where I need it to be.

Thanks Nemo!