Can't Find/delete Subcategory (From Default Theme).

mobilagelu

Hi guys. I've deleted all the categories and subcategories from the default prestashop theme, and start adding products. When i tried to add a product in my second category, on the site, i get a subcategory between my main category and my product. Example: When clicking to my main category which is "bedroom furniture" i get taken to bedroom furniture - > Evening Dresses.  Looked in back office for that category, but i can't seem to find it. Thus because of this problem, the product i associate with my "bedroom furniture", gets the following "adress" main category name->Evening dresses -> Product name.

My question is, how or where can i find that "evening dresses" subcategory, or page...or whatever it is?

Did you just delete them or did you use the Database Cleaner module.

If you have not gone to far install the module and use it to delete the Catalog this will remove the data from the database and rest the category numbers.

Keep in mind that the first category number will be 3 as 1 and 2 are taken by Prestashop.

You can also use this to delete all the demo customers and orders and once again reset back to 1.

The Evening dresses is part of the Demo data installed when you install Prestashop, to see if this data is coming from left over data in the database look in ps_categories_lang and see if the Evening dresses appears there. (will be ID 10)

Before all this it may be as simple as turning cache off and force compile on in the Advanced Parameters, Performance tab.