Once Logout Can't Get The Previous Cart Back

Hi,

I'm currently testing on a fresh version of Prestashop 1.6.1.4.

Once Logout can't get the previous cart back.

I've noticed that when i log in as customer, add 1 or 2 products (or more) to my cart then log out, i'm considered as a new guest.

When i log in again, i'm affected to a new cart ID, so i cannot get the previous cart with the selected items: my cart is now empty when i log in.

Is it normal, or is it a setting that i didn't set properly ?

I've tested with the setting "Enable guest checkout" ON and OFF, both it didn't help.

Also, if i'm on the checkout page (1 step checkout or Cart summary if 5 steps) and i log out, then i would get the message that my cart is empty (not sure if it's relevant, but i'm telling it, just in case).

PS: I come from Prestashop 1.4.10 and i didn't have this issue. Whatever i was logging in from a different browser or device, i could get my cart back. Though, what i couldn't do was to add a product when i was not logged in, because it would then create a new cart and wouldn't merge with the original cart if later i would log in.

Thanks by advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, not sure this is bug or this is normal?

I think this is not normal, if you log in/log off 100 times you have 100 new carts in backoffice, this is trash, this is not normal, I think customer should have only one cart

I hope somebody from prestashop developers could explain this

thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lxhost,

I've sent a message to a Module developer who sells "Cart Reminder" module for v1.6. He confirmed me that the same happens for him... and he thanked me for contacting him. What i've done is that i pointed out to him that according to this behavior, "cart Reminder" don't have any reason to be... moreover, people will always get reminders even if the log in again to their account... so it's buggy !

I think this is intentional from Prestashop, since many of the "Cart Reminder" modules suggest reminders within hours... or even minutes.... , and some other modules empty the cart after a few minutes.

But i think this hasn't been done the good way. I think we should check the date of last use of the cart, and if it's less than a defined date, then we re-use the previous cart, otherwise we create a new cart. This might be fixed on the authentication controller i guess. I haven't checked yet, but i will modify it later.

I think it's a pity that none of the moderators replied or maybe saw this topic. I think it's quite an important one.

Also, i deplore that some modules like "Cart Reminder" made for Presta 1.5 and 1.6 don't take in consideration this fact (i guess most of them just create modules but don't really use Prestashop as an final-user).

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem, not sure this is bug or this is normal?

I think this is not normal, if you log in/log off 100 times you have 100 new carts in backoffice, this is trash, this is not normal, I think customer should have only one cart

I hope somebody from prestashop developers could explain this

thank you in advance

A bit later, I got another email from the module developer who told me that actually, in the Back-office, there is a setting under Preferences/Customers: "Re-display cart at login" (After a customer logs in, you can recall and display the content of his/her last shopping cart.). You need to turn it ON in order to keep the previous cart when log in.

-> This was actually what i needed and what you needed too lxhost, i think.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...