How To Adapt My Product Data Into Prestashop's Structure

seb.luke

Hello,

I want to make a shop in PS that is focused on motorcycle parts. Everything in my shop will come from a third party website and will be imported through the WebService.

What I want to know is how to adapt the data to PrestaShop's structure. The information I have is structured in the following way:

• There are bike parts organized in categories (windshields, stands, exhausts etc) - normal PS organized data
  • We will have a structure of Make - Model - Year and each bike part will be assigned to several Make - Model - Year combinations
  • We will need an AJAX filter for the Make - Model - Year that will then show the above-mentioned categories that contain ONLY products that are assigned to those make-model-year bikes.

There is a PS module that has a some-what same functionality (Advanced Product Search Bar with 3 Filters Module) but does not allow me to import the make-model-year automatically by using the WebService.

My question is there a way to have this kind on structure in the PrestaShop Core? (this way I will be able to import data using the PS WS), or do I need to write my own module for that. If so, what kind on structure do you recommend and HOW can I integrate that module into the WebService (which is the critical part of this website)?

For example, in Wordpress I'd use categories for the parts categories (e.g. exhausts etc.) and tags (make-model-year concatenated tags) for the filter. From the drop-down I'd concatenate the make-model-year and show only products having that specific tag.

Thank you for your insight!