Customer Invoices Showing Demo Products

jlisman

Hello. I have had two orders now in my shop (www.nepamarket.com) and both of the customers invoices show demo products that I had deleted from the shop. My guess is that I may have done something wrong when deleting them.(though I don't understand how there could be a "wrong" way to delete something)

I'm less concerned with how it happened and very concerned about how to fix it! It looks terrible and I wouldn't blame a customer for being freaked out about random products showing up on their invoice.

Any help would be appreciated!

problem%20with%20invoice.png

• 4 years later...

This will happen if you remove demo invoice in your store without removing associated data for that orders. 
Solution is quite simple if you are familiar with MySQL and you are technical to some extend. No plugin is needed here. But if you are not ... do not touch it! You may brake your shop and no one will be able to fix that for you.

Also don't get scared. Just do it the right way.
So what you have to do ? Backup MySQL database is a must. Then save this data and make a copy of it. Do not edit the only file you have backuped! Edit the copy of your database with editor of your choice. 

Use Sublime Text if you ask me or VCode. Then search for demo_[1-9] This is a regular expression. 
Do not remove records where you will find demo_% - this is something else in different table. Doing the search above it should not come up, but just in case if you do search for demo_ and not demo_[1-9] jus dotnt touch it.

You should find a MySQL Insert query starting with INSERT INTO v1_ps_order_detail
Now remove all records containing  demo_[1-9] with in them.

Save the file 
Import database back to your server.

If you get error with "Table name already exist" it means that you did not included DROP / CREATE statement to your backup file. This is not a problem. Remove all tabels from your database and import file again. If you did everything right then you have solved your issue.