Multi Store - Multi Domain In 1 Site?

andycatax

I have had prestashop software running a few sites for some years but now and would like to intergrate them in to 1 big site im wondering if multi site can do this as i would like to have them under one umbrella now so customers can log in one site and buy from the different parts of the company more easily. so i will try and explain what we are trying to achieve

what we want to do is have a main company website (prestashop) with a domain name then under lets say printing have another domain name then say signs have another domain name so if you like the main company parts are domain names with there products under that section.

I know multi store can have the same store over different domains but i want to intergrate a bit differently, is this possible?.

I think what you should do, is build a test PS,  use sub-domains for example.

Create some MultiShops and kick the tires.  Then I think you can then determine if they native can meet your requirements.  This will also help you ask 1/2/3/etc questions specific to how you would prefer it to work.

I would not run multiple 'different' shops under the multishop.  This leads to real headaches when you want to upgrade, i.e. you can no longer upgrade one shop, but all shops.  For me personally native PS MS is perfect for multiplexing same content across one gTLD  and many ccTLD's.  This avoids any 'chance' of duplicate content.  When content differs between shops, then use separate installations, this method keeps your old shop link juice and makes it much easier to upgrade one shop at a time.

Best of luck! S

Oh and little tip about 'themes' and MS, if you go multiple shops where more than one domain shared 'theme', make sure that theme is 100% multishop compliant....else well you will find out...lol

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)