Only Show Product Prices When Logged In

DJAd

I am looking to run a wholesale based online store using PrestaShop.

What I would like to do is have all my products displayed without prices for anyone to see.

Once a customer has registered (with my approval) they can then login and see the wholesale prices.

Is this kind of setup possible with PrestaShop?

Thanks

Yes it is possible.

I do it with groups, a registered customer is put in the default group, that has the "show prices" option set to "NO", and when you validate him, you change his group. And then (with a module) he get's notified that his group is now changed and he can make purchases.

• Like 1

my first module, wow four years ago already, proud to say never a bug.

you can review the module here:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/private-sales-flash-sales/28906-private-shop-authorized-clients-only.html

I flip the native PrestaShop catalog mode switch depending on logged/not-logged and at registration it does not default account as enabled.  Then there are controls at module level for approval, sending emails etc.

Happy day, el

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Yes it is possible.

I do it with groups, a registered customer is put in the default group, that has the "show prices" option set to "NO", and when you validate him, you change his group. And then (with a module) he get's notified that his group is now changed and he can make purchases.

Thanks for the reply. This sounds like it might well work. I will have a look!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/9/2016 at 4:18 PM, El Patron said:

my first module, wow four years ago already, proud to say never a bug.

you can review the module here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/149628-module-hide-prices-private-shop-authorized-client-shopping-only/

I flip the native PrestaShop catalog mode switch depending on logged/not-logged and at registration it does not default account as enabled.  Then there are controls at module level for approval, sending emails etc.

Happy day, el

Hello Patron, this module doesn't longer work? I was looking to display prices only to signed in customers. Also when customers are not logged in, to have a text display "call us at (xxx) xxxxxx for price. I am running 1.6.1.10. thanks in advance brother

1 hour ago, tivicrdotcom said:

Hello Patron, this module doesn't longer work? I was looking to display prices only to signed in customers. Also when customers are not logged in, to have a text display "call us at (xxx) xxxxxx for price. I am running 1.6.1.10. thanks in advance brother

Howdy, the module can be found on PS addons here

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/private-sales-flash-sales/28906-private-shop-authorized-clients-only.html