How Does Connections And Connections Sources Works?

DavideZ

Hi all,

I wonder how does connections and connections sources works?

Where the data saving is triggered?

I need these informations (both referer and request_uri) because I need to know if an order was made after the customer as arrived to the ecommerce through Adwords adv.

Sometime happens that Adwords (or Analytics) records an order (through a javascript placed in order-confirmation page), but there're no connection sources in prestashop linked to that order nor the customer that made the order.

I have made some test orders but, obviously, everything works as expected and everything was tracked.

Thanks,

Davide

P.S.

If you have any other tips on how to record the referer and request_uri for that purpose let me know

Edited by DavideZ (see edit history)

I've just found that it's the statsdata module that trigger connections and connectionssources classes.

Now I've to understand how could it be possible that sometimes ConnectionsSources are not created (or deleted)...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

once somebody visits the page - from technical point of view - the browser sends some request to your host.

prestashop analyse this request and gets information about:
- ip address

- type of page

- refferer address

- date of view

and stores it in the database.

in case of referer (source)

The HTTP referer (originally a misspelling of referrer[1]) is an HTTP header field that identifies the address of the webpage (i.e. theURI or IRI) that linked to the resource being requested. By checking the referrer, the new webpage can see where the request originated.