Help With Taxes Version 1.6.1.0

How can i exclude tax for out of state customers?

Any customer from any location in the U.S. is charged taxes regardless.

This is my biggest problem and i need help with it. Please anyone, this is urgent.

Agree with El Patron this one is hard to resolve from the limited info as I have never sen or had this issue.

Take some screen shots and post them here so we can see the setup.

If that does not give us an idea you may need to provide us with access to the BO so we can take a look.

(do not post BO login, send in PM)

• Like 1

I followed the instructions about setting up the tax and tax rules, but it does not work at all. I tried to switch things around set up a whole new tax rule for Texas to see if there is any difference but that way, it either does not charge tax at all for all states or it charges TX state tax for all the customers around the U.S.

Here is the link for screenshots of tax and tax rules tab for my prestashop, I even included couple of products price tabs

http://imgur.com/a/FuRDS

Appreciate for your replies and help so far, yet I look forward to solve this issue

Edited by Kajmer (see edit history)

You should not have to set up anything for taxes to work just apply the correct State tax to products when entering new products.

In you case the only thing you should have done was change the Sales tax For TX to 8.25%.

Is this all you did or did you make other changes to Tax rules for instance such as entering zip ranges.

I did not change anything for taxes, TX state tax was already there. 

As you can see from my screenshots, I applied the 8.25% tax to my products, and it charges taxes for everybody regardless the customer resides in TX or outside TX.

Tax rule configuration stays default at the moment, although I tried to select Texas as the only state, I even tried to put zip range to see if it is going to make any difference but when I did any of that, choosing Texas and setting up zip range, it won't charge tax at all for any of the products.

This is now solved, I noticed that he had created a new tax rule instead of editing the existing one, when this was done no state was applied to the tax rule therefore it applied tax to everyone.

In the end to clean it all up I re-inserted all new tax tables in his database now all is correct in his BO with no added taxes or rules.

Now tax is only applied to Texas based addresses.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After much searching and looking at code, this issue is fixed for me.  It turned out that I had earlier copied some recommended code from the forum on how to alter the formatting of prices. The poster, not being from the US, provided code that did not exclude taxes in the product prices.  After I added "_tax_exc" to $product.price to get "$product.price_tax_exc" in a few tpl's, it worked perfectly.  It would have helped it I examined the code to start with.

• 2 years later...

I am having an issue with my sales tax not being added in to the final total in my cart. I have gone over and over it and can not figure out what I am doing wrong. 

https://alittlebitofnana.com/store/admin123/index.php?controller=AdminTaxes&token=ab7f831c2c401161eb22844aa7dd5720&submitFiltertax=1#tax

https://alittlebitofnana.com/store/admin123/index.php?controller=AdminTaxes&token=ab7f831c2c401161eb22844aa7dd5720&submitFiltertax=1#tax

This is the last step I need to start my site.

Thank you for your help with this matter.

Sydney,