Minimum Advertised Price - Map Pricing - Actual Price In Cart

smittvms

What is the best method for handling MAP pricing restrictions?

We deal with several manufacturers with MAP pricing restrictions, but we can sell for whatever we want.

1. Show the MAP price on product list and product detail.
2. Show "See Price" button = Add to cart to see the price. (Example below from another site)

Can this be done with a template modification?

I must confess I'm new to PS (3 months), but I've been drilling through posts and extensions without finding a solution.

I'm willing to pay for a solid solution.
I'm three months into replacing our old osCommerce site with Prestashop and MAP pricing management is a deal breaker.

3b2cf938-dfd6-11e5-87cd-d7c655e3426b.png

I previously purchased a module to show the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price / MSRP

Found price / PPCMod Module
http://addons.prestashop.com/en/19969-found-price-ppcmod.html

I was able to clone and modify it to show MAP price via a bunch of Find>Replace.

Thank you to this developer for making a simple and effective module.

I haven't finished the front-end tweaks yet, but the admin is working perfectly so I have hope of getting this issue resolved.

First of all what is a MAP? If you explain it many users may be able to help you solve the issue. It's like if you need a screwdriver to ask for a long thing with rubber and metal. No offense, but give more details.

Regards,

Konstantinos A. Kogkalidis

First of all what is a MAP?

Regards,

Konstantinos A. Kogkalidis

The title of my post says, "Minimum Advertised Price" which is summarized by the description and the included screen shot.

I din't ask for a long thing with rubber and metal...but if I did show you a picture of a screw driver, I bet you would understand what I was asking about.

If you don't know what it is, I don't understand why you feel inspired to comment in such a condescending manner.

These are restrictions placed on us by manufacturers.

All their authorized resellers cannot advertise prices lower than the MAP price.

However, we can sell the product for whatever we want.

The typical eCommerce model is to show the prices like the screen shot I included and a function that is basically "Add this to the cart to see the real price".

The whole thing is bogus but that's the marketing in which we operate.

I've been able to set up the back end function by repurposing the other module.

I'm a bit fuzzy on how to merge it all into the front end template and make it all place nice together, but I'll figure out the Smarty/PHP logic soon.

When I figure it out, I'll post the solution.

The other forum posts asking about MAP pricing are years old and unanswered.