Points System For Product "price" Instead Of Real Currency

Hello.

I'm from the development department in a small company in Portugal and we are looking for an open source e-commerce solution for a project.

We're considering PrestaShop, but we need a feature in which products will have it's value set in points instead of real currency and the store customers would have kind of a "points wallet", that they would be abble to trade for products. They would be purchasing products with points instead of real currency. Does PrestaShop has some kind of built-in feature that allows this functionality?

Thank you.

José Fernandes

Hello.

I'm from the development department in a small company in Portugal and we are looking for an open source e-commerce solution for a project.

We're considering PrestaShop, but we need a feature in which products will have it's value set in points instead of real currency and the store customers would have kind of a "points wallet", that they would be abble to trade for products. They would be purchasing products with points instead of real currency. Does PrestaShop has some kind of built-in feature that allows this functionality?

Thank you.
José Fernandes

Hi, and welcom to the community.

In my knowledge PrestaShop does not have such a feature. But as you may know almost everything can be achieved with this platform by customization.

You can build a module that will take the default currency and assign points to it. For example 1$= 5 points etc. 

For short this can be done with a module.