[Fixed] Site very slow // Site très lent

Patric

Question

Hi !

Since few days, the PS website is very very slow.
This is almost worst than the first days of the new version of the website few weeks ago.

===============

Bonjour !

Depuis quelques jours, le site PS est très très lent.
C'est presque pire que les premiers jours de la nouvelle version du site il y a quelques semaines.

18 answers to this question

I understood pretty much nothing from previous posts, but I'm experiencing really slow pages on website and forum as well. Browsing forum may take even over a minute / page to load, which makes this forum almost useless. Heck, I almost forget what I'm replying to by the time I get an form to reply with on my screen ;)

If there's anything worth mentioning in those pervious posts could someone please translate them into english so I could get the information as well? If speed issues get fixed you've got a really good and functional website, altough I haven't tried all the features yet :)

Ceci est essentiellement dû à la forte hausse de trafic que nous subissons (avec plaisir :)) en cette rentrée 2008.

Notre plateforme technique pour prestashop.com devrait évoluer dans les jours à venir.

This is mainly due to the great increase of traffic that we are experiencing (with pleasure :) ) in this autumn 2008.

Our technical platform for prestashop.com should evolve in the coming days.

I hope as well that speed issues are fixed asap. This site was almost useless couple hours ago, I even forgot that reply-form was loading on different tab earlier.

Another issue, kind of related to this topic as well, is language. Since we are on multinational forum it'd be really nice if everyone spoke in english on general areas. Even if french is beautiful language and all it merely annoys me that there's posts (related to this issue as well) which I can't understand at all.

I don't mind if there's separate areas for localized conversation, IMO that's a good thing. But general areas should be english only.

I know obviously not but it all seems very quiet from the presta team

I don't know if admins have actually abandoned this ship, but I'd really, really like to know what's the status with things as well. It's true that this site is currently more or less useless because of the speed.

Hopefully crew is just too busy fixing things that they don't have time to tell what they're doing, but I'm beginning to worry as well. Really shame, since it's only about a week since I even found the whole project. PrestaShop itself seems more than quite nice product, but that really doesn't matter if community doesn't have decent tools for development.

Translation Zendik made earlier mentiones "coming days", which IMO is 'days', not 'weeks' or 'months'. I even considered a fork and new project for a while, but that's not the right way to go. I really, really hope that speed issue will be solved quickly and we can continue improving the product itself instead of strugling with platform.