Modules Missing From Front End Since Upgrade To 1.6.1.4 Via 1-Click-Upgrade

intandem

Hi!

I upgraded a client site earlier today from 1.6.1.1 to 1.6.1.4 using the 1-Click-Update module. By default, this module is set to disable non-native modules during the upgrade to avoid any problems. This is stated as the recommended setting and I didn't change it before the upgrade. 

Everything looked to have gone smoothly. However, I just noticed that a bunch of my theme's modules have gone missing from the front end! In the backend, they're all listed as enabled though?! All hooks also still seem to be in place. Have tried disabling and re-enabling the modules but still no luck.

I have a full backup and would prefer not to roll back because the upgrade was part of the steps to get rid of the dreaded "spinning wheel" during product saves. And that has worked. But of course of no use if half my website is missing!!

I have no idea what to do next. Any advice? Thanks!

Edited by intandem (see edit history)

Ok, found the issue is with the /httpdocs/bumperveg.ie/cache/class_index.php file. Even if clearing the cache (which is one of the things I had tried), this file does not get regenerated as part of that process. When we manually deleted it, things went back to normal and the missing modules reappeared.

Looks like the 1-Click Upgrade disabled the modules, then re-enabled them after the upgrade was completed but related hook information within this cache-file did not get updated during the process, leaving us with basic installation hooks even though it was all in place in the rest of the system. Regenerating this file re-establishes all of the correct information.