Does Prestashop Customer Services Actually Exist?

manofgold

Every time I try to get an answer from prestashop; I either get a response telling me to email another department or I get no response. Well yesterday I actually spend 50 bucks on a set up for a module that prestashop earned the revenue for. I thought great, finally I can get someone from prestashop on email to respond to my issue. Nope, Nope, Nope. I think I made a terrible decision with prestashop. None of my simple questions can ever get answered without paying absurd amount of money for help(60/month) or 20 bucks to open up a ticket? They make money off me when I sign up for a module and I still can't get a response. I put a lot of work into my store but I'm seriously considering switching because this is absurd.    

If a company is making money off you, surely there should be some sort of support.

Are you asking them a question about the module you purchased?  Or are you trying to get the module author to help you with other stuff?

I'm asking about a module that they are the reseller of and receive the 49$ set up fee from authorize.net. Although I have messaged them repeatedly about a variety of topics and never get a response on email or facebook or twitter or chat. Some of the questions were very simple like: "when a product is purchased from my store, what happens to the inventory if I don't have active management inventory but instead have the manual version. Does the quantity of the item purchased go down 1 or do I have to manually minus 1 from the inventory. Other questions have been more complicated like how do I get dwolla attached to my store even though it has no module. Because I've seen other prestashops have a pay by dwolla button. When I have errors or simply how do i get my SSL seal on my website->they don't answer. Or they say that isn't my department. Also the forum doesn't have a lot of answers to my questions. I just think from the looks of it other eccomerce sites have more actual help and you don't have to pay 1000/year for expert help or pay 20 bucks per ticket question asked. They make money off me, surely they can offer some customer service if they just got a 50$ set up fee.

When I conduct a delevolpoer I always get a reply.

So you purchased a module that was not even made by Prestashop, and then you sent a message to the author of that module with these questions that have nothing to do with the module you purchased?

No on all accounts. I don't even know how you would get that impression.

1. The module is free and prestashop is the author: 

Authorize.net (AIM) Module Developed by PrestaShop Partners 

I said I paid for the set up, not the module. I paid 49 bucks for authorize.net set up

Guess whose reseller link I clicked after I added the module??? Prestashops!

Guess who gets that 49$? Prestashop?

Guess who misrepresented what the module actually did on their reseller link and on their module page? PRESTASHOP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is as close to false advertising as it comes. Now if one says, well you should have known that you needed this and that for authorize.net, I say that prestashop presents itself as the perfect store for eCommerce rookies.

Guess who doesn't respond to emails, tweets, facebook, asking for some explanation on the 49$ they earned from being my reseller? prestashop again.

They provide zero customer service even when they make money off you. I'm suppose to pay 20 bucks a ticket or 1000/year for some help? If I buy a twix and call them up and say I'm unhappy with my dollar purchase, they would talk to me about 20 minutes about the issue. not rip and run

Below are the questions you said they will not answer for you.  Again... what do these questions have to do with authorize.net, or the $49 you paid to install the module...

"when a product is purchased from my store, what happens to the inventory if I don't have active management inventory but instead have the manual version.  Does the quantity of the item purchased go down 1 or do I have to manually minus 1 from the inventory. "

how do I get dwolla attached to my store even though it has no module. Because I've seen other prestashops have a pay by dwolla button.

When I have errors or simply how do i get my SSL seal on my website

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)