Fatal Error In Module File

georginho

Hi,

I'm trying to access modules but am getting the error message:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/xxxx/public_html/modules/ebay/upgrade/Upgrade-1.12.2.php:
Call to a member function deleteConfigurationByName() on a non-object

I wasn't getting this message last week and haven't tried to upgrade anything so I don't know why this is now happening.  I've looked in the module file causing the error and it contains the following code:

function upgrade_module_1_12_2($module)
{
    if (Configuration::get('EBAY_SYNCHRONIZE_EAN')) {
        $module->setConfiguration('EBAY_SYNCHRONIZE_EAN', 'EAN');
    }

$module->ebay_profile->deleteConfigurationByName('EBAY_SPECIFICS_LAST_UPDATE');

return true;
}

I don't even think the client wants to integrate with eBay from their website.  How can I get around this problem?  Can I just remove the upgrade folder?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by georginho (see edit history)

Well, because I don't want to use this module anyway, I commented out all the code within the Upgrade-1.12.2.php file like this:

function upgrade_module_1_12_2($module)
{
/*
    if (Configuration::get('EBAY_SYNCHRONIZE_EAN')) {
        $module->setConfiguration('EBAY_SYNCHRONIZE_EAN', 'EAN');
    }

$module->ebay_profile->deleteConfigurationByName('EBAY_SPECIFICS_LAST_UPDATE');
*/

return true;
}

This meant I could then access the Modules folder in the Dashboard and then could disable the eBay module.

I then went back into the Upgrade-1.12.2.php file and uncommented the code again just so everything is back to as it was.

This isn't a proper fix and won't help anyone trying to use the eBay module but will be a good enough workaround for anyone who is getting held up by this module upgrade.