[Solved] Js Not Working In The Back Office

Hello,

Javascript seems not to work in the BO. So Text editor is not there and datepicker also.

See the errors:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.ui.core.min.js:4
jquery.ui.widget.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.ui.widget.min.js:4
jquery.ui.mouse.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.ui.mouse.min.js:4
jquery.ui.sortable.min.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined(anonymous function) @ jquery.ui.sortable.min.js:4
fileinput.js:21 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fn' of undefined(anonymous function) @ fileinput.js:21(anonymous function) @ fileinput.js:2381
jquery.ui.slider.min.js:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'mouse' of undefined

Someone has an idea ?

Edited by boutik-fan (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It was a module on the displayBackOfficeHeader

I'm getting these exact same errors, same symptoms with the addition that I can no longer add images or edit product images.  Same version of prestashop etc.

Please help with which module was causing the problem?

Much like the OP I have verified the js/ folder contents, all are there and everything is working perfectly in the front office.

This all started after optimizing the site for speed, disabled and uninstalled some modules, as well as enabling some performance based options.  I've obviously tried undoing those things but with no effect.

Front office works great, nice and fast now but the back office is pretty useless:

-no text editor for CMS pages

-no image preview for existing products

-no ability to add new products

-no ability to change any images

So can all this stem from js being called before loaded by some module on the displayBackOfficeHeader?

Some things I've been thinking about are if changes have been made to the admin controller, or some tpl file for the back office?  Any ideas would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

Much like the OP I have verified the js/ folder contents, all are there and everything is working perfectly in the front office.

This all started after optimizing the site for speed, disabled and uninstalled some modules, as well as enabling some performance based options.  I've obviously tried undoing those things but with no effect.

Front office works great, nice and fast now but the back office is pretty useless:

-no text editor for CMS pages

-no image preview for existing products

-no ability to add new products

-no ability to change any images

So can all this stem from js being called before loaded by some module on the displayBackOfficeHeader?

Some things I've been thinking about are if changes have been made to the admin controller, or some tpl file for the back office?  Any ideas would be appreciated

Hi, i have same problem.

In my case all files exist and load on pages, but wrong order of this files.

And jquery lib load after most of other js files and dont initialized properly.

Most of this "wrong order" files come from 1 module and i send question about change order to support.

Right now i search how change order for loaded js files...

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...