How Does Online Only Works?

Sickboards

On the product page you see these options:

• Available for order. If you uncheck this box, customers will not be able to add this product to their cart. This makes it more like a single-product Catalog mode (in comparison with the "Catalog mode" preference).
  • Show price. If the "available for order" option above is unchecked, you can either choose to display the product's price nevertheless (even though visitors won't be able to buy it), or choose to not display it.
  • Online only (not sold in store). If your business does have brick-and-mortar stores, this option will prove invaluable when a product is only sold online, not in store – this prevents customers from checking a product price online, then come to your store hoping to buy it directly, and thus avoid shipping cost.

My question basically is how does Presta distinguish between an online customer and instore sales (we just use a 'store' account).

And who is using the option Online Only, I mean what is the problem of people coming to your store to safe on shipping, that is perfect right? I rather have an option Offline only (only to be sold in the store). So they can see that we have the product in our store but they have to come and pick it up.