Cannot Install Theme In 1.6.1.4

Hi there,

I have purchased a theme and have been trying to install it in the latest version of PS 1.6.1.4. I have used the Add Theme, and have both located the zip on my local drive and also FTP'd to /themes/ folder... Uploading it shows the upload progress on bottom left of screen, but then at 100%, does nothing and just shows the same page again... same happens if I select the zip from the FTP field... nothing happens.

I have also tried manually uploading all files in the /modules/ and /themes/ and /config/xml/themes file (renaming the xml file to the same name as the theme folder.

I am not sure how to "enable" that... it is not showing on Preferences > Themes page, so I assume it's not installed from that method either.

I am going crazy trying to figure this out... I have 128mb enabled as max upload, I even cleared the cache... I have enabled Debug mode, and no errors...

Not sure what I can do.. I have contacted the developer, so hopefully they can help.. in the meantime, maybe someone here can help.

Thanks!

Elyssa

Check the config.xml you should see the name of the theme folder here 4 times if the theme folder name is not the same as the folder the theme will not install.

Here is an example I created a theme called default-bootstrap2 as you see the name is the same in the config file, remember the folder name is shown 4 times in the file if it is different then the name of the theme folder you can rename the folder or fix the file either will work.

<theme version="1.0" name="default-bootstrap2" directory="default-bootstrap2">

Please let me know if this helps.

the config file seems to be fine, and is properly displaying the name of the theme... however, the only thing that is not consistent is the ZIP file of the theme... so I have it like this:

themename_theme.zip

inside that are the following files/folders:

/modules/

/themes/

Config.xml

inside /modules/ are various folders for the theme

inside /themes/ is 

/themename/

So, does the ZIP file have to have the same name as "themename" ? or does it matter 

that it is themename_theme.zip

?

That is the zip file I am either uploading within the Import theme page, or uploading by FTP 

into the themes folder... 

Maybe if I rename it to "themename.zip" it will work? Basically, does the zip file containing those theme

files and folders, have to be the SAME name as the zip?

Thanks!

Elyssa

Elyssa

The zip file name does not matter it could be anything.

Manually uploading themes folder will not work as it does not register the theme in the database.

Have you contacted the developer to see if they have an answer for this issue.

As it is a paid theme I cannot download and test.

Have you tried downloading a free theme and see if it will install, at least if it did you know the isssue is the theme not your install.

yes actually, i have tested a free theme i found called blackhawk3.2.zip

I tried using import from my computer, and the same issue.. it shows upload progress then 

just refreshes the page and nothing happens :(

yes i have contacted the developer, but still waiting for them.... but seeing as this other 

theme didn't work, either something is wrong with the installation of prestashop, or the 

server settings or permissions maybe... not sure

Do you know how to check folder permissions, using your FTP program right clcik on the themes folder and select properties/chmod folders should be set to 755.

I have a theme I created that has been tested and installs without issue if you want to try it I will upload so you can test.

so I setup the latest Prestashop 1.6.1.4 on my own server (which uses cpanel)... then I went to import the theme, and it worked!!!!!!!!!! so, it worked on MY server, but not the server that my admin provided for the company I'm working on this for... SO... I assume this is an issue on that server, but I have no idea what it could be.. all file and folder permissions are setup according to the install setup (I changed the permissions to 777 for those files/folders). Same as I did on my own server... so I'm thinking maybe there is something in PHP config that disables uploads... I am not sure how I should describe this issue to the admin (who is in India)... Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be preventing me from uploading themes where they are not being saved and implemented from the Add Theme page? Has anyone faced this before? Again, it shows the upload % status on the bottom left screen, but then does nothing after that... no errors received...TIA!

to whom do I make ownership to? 

no errors

I didn't make any changes to defines.inc.php it was just the typical installation 

right out of the package... should i put it in dev mode?

Thanks!

Ownership issues can only be solved by your hosting provider. You should ask him.

Sure, you need to put the shop in development mode. Standard it shows no error messages as those don't look professional and can give clues to hackers.

• 7 months later...

Do you know how to check folder permissions, using your FTP program right clcik on the themes folder and select properties/chmod folders should be set to 755.

I have a theme I created that has been tested and installs without issue if you want to try it I will upload so you can test.

Hello

I am having the exact same problem as this gentleman...I am currently testing prestashop. I do a clean install and all is ok. works like a charm with default bootstrap install theme. I then upload another theme (blackhawk 3.2 free) and it installs perfectly and i can see it in admin my store panel. I select it and it says it is now the default theme, but when i go to store front, it still displays default bootstrap install theme. I have changed the CHMOD from 755 to 777 and nothing. I have cleared cache and nothing....I read that you have a theme to test....if you can, can you upload it please? 

Thanks

• 2 years later...