Gmail Configuration Error

ralph.poland

Question

Hello Guys,

I can`t configure my email in prestashop cloud version. I 

Error shows when trying to send checking email : 

Error: Please check your configuration
The SMTP connection failed to start [smtp.gmail.com :25]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String 'php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known'

SMTP server : smtp.gmail.com

smtp username: [email protected]

password : xxxxxxx

+

I tryied all  combinations of encryption (encryption none, SSL, TLS )  and port ( 465 , 587 )

I  chose "  Set my own SMTP parameters (for advanced users ONLY) "

In my gmail account IMAP protocole is enabled

In customer position email is correct 

In my google accout 2part verification is turned off

I tryied everything i found in the internet and still not workin

There is no problem when Im suing MS outlook to connect to my gmail using ssl/465. Why not working with PS ??? 

Did anyone have similar problem ??

6 answers to this question

Hello Ralph,

I have the same problem, but seems the issue on google´s side: occasionally I get an warning "someone knows your password" when I try to send a testmail from PS backend. Google warning informs me that an unsecure app tried to connect and that they refused the access... so PS seems to be seen as unsecure and is blocked.

That is my guess, but I do not know anything deeper, seems other have no problem using gmail with PS...

Best

Martin

Have found this from Google reg. issues, but did not help me: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78775?hl=en

Edited by mag29 (see edit history)

HAVE YOU SORTED OUT THIS ISSUE MAG29 ?? i WAS OFFLINE FEW DAYS, AND JUST CHECK YOUR POST.... WILL SIT TO THIS TODAY LATER..... DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS WRONG... I HAVE CHANGED AND OPTION IN GOOGLE SETTING WHICH ALLOWS LOGINING TO GOOGLE FROM UNSECURE SOURCES SO THIS PART SHOULD BE OK...

Ralph,

I have set the "unsecure apps" to allow, does not affect the problem, google still blocks PS and sends me mail "some unsecure app tried to connect with your password" -> this Shows that the Settings (Password) is right, the Problem is that PS is according gmail insecure... do not know what it works on your side.