{Tutorial} How To Install 1.7

Dh42

We wrote a tutorial telling you how to install PrestaShop 1.7 since the install process for what is done so far is pretty complicated. The tutorial takes you from building a test instance on Digital Ocean, installing all of the required software, to configuring the server, and installing 1.7. From what we understand the future versions will be easier and have a better installation package. But is you are wanting to test it out how it is now, you can use our tutorial to install it.

You can view the tutorial here, Installing PrestaShop 1.7

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

For the time you really do. It loads all of the modules and all of the dependencies that are needed to install the 1.7 version. When they come out with build releases it will not be needed, but as far as I know there is not a build out. 

• Like 1

@kulli

Here is a PrestaShop build you can install without composer.

Based on the "develop" branch as of the 26.03.16.

Before installing PrestaShop, make sure to edit the file.

/app/config/parameters.yml

Change the "database_*" parameters to fit your database setup.

# This file is auto-generated during the composer install
parameters:
    database_host: 127.0.0.1
    database_port: null
    database_name: prestashop
    database_user: root
    database_password: null
    database_prefix: ps_
    mailer_transport: smtp
    mailer_host: 127.0.0.1
    mailer_user: null
    mailer_password: null
    secret: ThisTokenIsNotSoSecretChangeIt

Now you should be able to run the PrestaShop 1.7 installation like 1.6.

Edited by thepan (see edit history)

@kulli

Before installing PrestaShop, make sure to edit the file.

/app/config/parameters.yml

Change the "database_*" parameters to fit your database setup.

# This file is auto-generated during the composer install
parameters:
    database_host: 127.0.0.1
    database_port: null
    database_name: prestashop
    database_password: null
    mailer_user: null
    mailer_password: null
    secret: ThisTokenIsNotSoSecretChangeIt

Now you should be able to run the PrestaShop 1.7 installation like 1.6.

I'm trying to install using your zip but it keeps giving me this error: 1: SQL error command doctrine:schema:update, please check your app/config/parameters.yml file

I've already edited the file.

Can you help me?

It's already solved. I've forced database_port on the parameters.yml file.

Edited by kivarr (see edit history)

@thepan,

i've installed from your build directly to the root-folder of a domain (www.camelita.de). The fe looks ok, but if i want to login to the bo an error message appears:

ErrorHandler->handleError('2', 'file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/lampp/htdocs/PrestaShop/app/AppKernel.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/camelita.de/:/tmp/)', '/var/www/vhosts/camelita.de/httpdocs/vendor/symfony/symfony

You can see the whole message here:

http://camelita.de/admin-dev/

• Like 1

Hello,

I can not install PrestaShop 1.7.

The error message is : Erreur SQL sur la requête Table '_ps17_access' already exists

At the time of installation that table does not exist !

thank you in advance

I'm trying to install using your zip but it keeps giving me this error: 1: SQL error command doctrine:schema:update, please check your app/config/parameters.yml file

I've already edited the file.

Can you help me?

It's already solved. I've forced database_port on the parameters.yml file.

Hi

I try set port 3306 in the file app/config/parameters.yml 

File:

parameters:
    database_host: localhost
    database_port: 3306
    database_name: prestashop1700
    database_password:
    mailer_user: ~
    mailer_password: ~
    secret: gPguz9ImBhOIRCntIJPwbqbFJTZjqSHaq8AkTk2pdoHYw35rYRs9VHX0

but get error:

SQL error command doctrine:schema:update, please check your app/config/parameters.yml file

ps: Download latest version prestashop_1.7.0.0-alpha.3.0.zip

He everyone!

Il y a un "error 500" when trying to open back-office (front works ok).

Debugger shows the following:

Whoops, looks like something went wrong. 1/1RuntimeException in AnnotationFileLoader.php line 40:The Tokenizer extension is required for the routing annotation loaders.
  1. in AnnotationFileLoader.php line 40
  2. at AnnotationFileLoader->__construct(object(FileLocator), object(AnnotatedRouteControllerLoader)) in appDevDebugProjectContainer.php line 2948
  3. at appDevDebugProjectContainer->getRouting_LoaderService() in bootstrap.php.cache line 2204
  4. at Container->get('routing.loader') in Router.php line 54
  5. at Router->getRouteCollection() in Router.php line 377
  6. at Router->getMatcherDumperInstance() in Router.php line 288
  7. at Router->Symfony\Component\Routing\{closure}(object(ResourceCheckerConfigCache))
  8. at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(ResourceCheckerConfigCache)) in ResourceCheckerConfigCacheFactory.php line 46
  9. at ResourceCheckerConfigCacheFactory->cache('/home/ziajarus/domains/e-ziaja.ru/public_html/app/cache/dev/appDevUrlMatcher.php',object(Closure)) in Router.php line 302
  10. at Router->getMatcher() in Router.php line 250
  11. at Router->matchRequest(object(Request)) in RouterListener.php line 154
  12. at RouterListener->onKernelRequest(object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
  13. at call_user_func(array(object(RouterListener), 'onKernelRequest'), object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher)) in WrappedListener.php line 61
  14. at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(ContainerAwareEventDispatcher))
  15. at call_user_func(object(WrappedListener), object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(ContainerAwareEventDispatcher)) inEventDispatcher.php line 181
  16. at EventDispatcher->doDispatch(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener),object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener),object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent)) in EventDispatcher.php line 46
  17. at EventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent)) in TraceableEventDispatcher.php line 132
  18. at TraceableEventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent)) in bootstrap.php.cache line 3199
  19. at HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), '1') in bootstrap.php.cache line 3172
  20. at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in bootstrap.php.cache line 3323
  21. at ContainerAwareHttpKernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in bootstrap.php.cache line 2514
  22. at Kernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in index.php line 88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

trying to install the 1.7 Alpha 4 but getting the SQL error command doctrine:schema:update, please check your app/config/parameters.yml file

I comment the lines 224-227 of /install/models/install.php and it worked (so far...).

• 4 weeks later...

Newbie to PrestaShop and GitHub here, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.  Short overview...I am transitioning from Miva Merchant (after we negotiated our price increase to a mere 400%), but I digress.  After researching a lot of shopping cart options I have settled on PrestaShop as I am a proponent of anything open source.  I installed PrestaShop 1.6 on my local linux machine and began working on overriding the code to meet the requirements of our store.  During this I discovered the plans for PrestaShop1.7.  I did not want any changes I needed to not work under 1.7, so I decided to help test the beta versions while transitioning our store over.

Now to my question...I forked the development branch on GitHub and made a clone on my machine.  Should we be able to install 1.7 beta from a clone?  When I tried to do so I received an error of missing autoload.php missing in the "vendor" directory.  There was no "vendor" directory in my clone, but there is a "vendor" directory in the 1.7 beta zip file.  I copied the "vendor" directory from the zip file to my cloned area.  Once I did that the install completed without a problem.

When I tried to login to the admin area I then received an error of missing bootstrap.php.cache under the "app" directory.  This file was also in the zip file.  After coping it from the zip file I was able to login to the admin area.

Perhaps I am doing it wrong and need to install 1.7 beta from the zip file in one directory on my machine and work on any coding changes in the cloned code area.