Prestashop 1.6.1.4 On Synology Nas

Hi there

Newbie here, so please be gentle!

I am currently successfully running Prestashop 1.6.1.4 on a Synology NAS local network with the latest DSM software and MariaDB and phpMyAdmin. I can access everything OK locally, the site works great and I can access the backend, no problem. But when I try and access from outside the local network I have problems, I can access plain html files OK, but php files (such as index.php) give me an error page 'Synology. This service is disabled now'

I think this is a common problem, but I cannot find any answers in any of the forums.

I have spoken to Synology about this but they are telling me to speak to Prestashop.

Any help would be appreciated. Its driving me crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there...

Can anyone help with this?

I have an update.

Synology have done some more troubleshooting for me.....

The Admin console log in page can be reached OK from outside the local network

www.xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/prestashop/admin (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the external IP address)

The store page itself should be available on the following address, however this is showing error 502.

www.xx.xxx.xxx.xxx/prestashop/index.php (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the external IP address)

The issue you are experiencing seems to be limited to the PrestaShop application in that the pages are either not linking correctly or pages are missing from this. Unfortunately we can only assist with getting the application working and installed, which it now is, beyond this you would need to contact the Presta development team for further support in fixing the store page.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

hi Mallrat,

i get stuck on system configuration, i am using same as your system. DSM 6.0, MariaDB, Web Station. Prestashop 1.6

what do i have to fill in 

Database server address : DSM IP

how about the others:

Database name

Database login

Database password

• 3 years later...
On 3/8/2016 at 11:50 AM, mallrat said:

Hi there...

Can anyone help with this?

I have an update.

Synology have done some more troubleshooting for me.....

Any ideas from anyone?

Thank you.

Did you ever resolve this?

Hi there

Nope. Could not configure either Prestashop 1.6 or 1.7 on Synology.

I spent many hours/days trying to resolve this and I tried again a few months ago. I spoke again to Synology, but they said speak to Prestashop (even though Prestashop is in the Synology Package Centre for download) so I tried to get help on this forum but drew a blank.

So I am no further forward.

I think it has something to do with the folder structure, but I am not sure.

I can get everything else to work OK on Synology, such as Joomla and Wordpress etc.

If you get any clues, please let me know, thanks.

1 minute ago, mallrat said:

Hi there

Nope. Could not configure either Prestashop 1.6 or 1.7 on Synology.

I spent many hours/days trying to resolve this and I tried again a few months ago. I spoke again to Synology, but they said speak to Prestashop (even though Prestashop is in the Synology Package Centre for download) so I tried to get help on this forum but drew a blank.

So I am no further forward.

I think it has something to do with the folder structure, but I am not sure.

I can get everything else to work OK on Synology, such as Joomla and Wordpress etc.

If you get any clues, please let me know, thanks.

Hey,

So I've spent hours too and still struggling!

Recently, I have got it working on a sub domain (shop.exampleweb.com) however the style doesn't work like there's no CSS but does allow me to create accounts etc.

Still working on it. Inbox me and I'll show you how I have it set up so far!

• 5 months later...

The problem is the .htaccess files on the install 

This is the contents from the themes\.htaccess I renamed this to OLD.htaccess and CSS started loading
<FilesMatch "\.tpl$">
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

I kind of know the puropose of the .htaccess files but not sure why its deny all. 

However images were also not loading so when I found looked at .htaccess in the img folder i saw this:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_flag engine off
</IfModule>
deny from all
<Files ~ "(?i)^.*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp|tiff|svg|pdf|mov|mpeg|mp4|avi|mpg|wma|flv|webm|ico)$">
    order deny,allow
    allow from all
</Files>

I will start a learning curve on understanding htaccess files I guess! but when I renamed this file to OLD as well images started loading to.

Synology DS916+ 
DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4
Presta 1.7

Edited by kcuk (see edit history)

More digging...

Found its also to do with what technology is selected in the webstation PrestaShop 1.7 I have reverted the names of the files mentioned in previous post with no amendments to them (so as installed).

I had an error that I havent been able to replicate again but made me think what backend settings were needed for Presta and know from messing around with WordPress on WebStation this has a significant impact. Presta after install was originally this was running on:

HTTP back-end server: Apache HTTP Server 2.4 change this to Apache HTTP Server 2.2 (You may need to install this from Package Centre)
PHP: Default Profile (PHP 5.6)

Restarted the webservice to confirm and all images and logos appear to be working and reduced number of errors I was seeing across the site.

1.PNG