[Module]Layer Slider - Responsive Slideshow

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems ok so far. The written documentation is not as good as it advertises, so will require quite a bit of figuring stuff out. Plus the demos you can see in the addons section are not all available after you install it. Rather you get 3 quite basic ones: carousel, full width slider and responsive demo slider and that's it. But it is powerful, so depends upon your level of skill to design your own backgrounds.

Edited by jetx (see edit history)

thank you @PrestaShop Enthusiast. When for example on the home page, there are 3 pic. The site has to download all 3 of them thus making the site heavy or because of the lazy load feature the pics are downloaded on request thus making the site is considerably lighter?

Is it mobile friendly?

Any problems with other modules?

I'm using a CDN (Akamai) so I notice no speed issues whatsoever. Logically though I keep my backgrounds and graphics as light as possible. It is responsive, so works fine on mobiles. No issues with the other mods I use. A few things I do not like include there is no padding setting (top, bottom), so you need to edit the CSS (unless I missed where you can this in the module back office), and really the documentation is terrible.

Hi,

I have been using this module for some time and I think it is great!

It is very powerful and many of our customers who visit our site comment about how create it is.

Whilst it is very powerful and flexible to use, it is also easy to configure and the technical support is great as well.

Cheers

Greg

Hi

@jetx would you mind posting a link to your site? I would like to see the module in action  :)

My main concern is that when I will be having 3-4pics on the home page, another 3-4 pics or more on every category page and another 3-4 pics or more on every manufacturer page, the requests from the server will jump out the window and the page size will increase drastically. The speed of the site will suffer also.

Is this the case?

Hi

@jetx would you mind posting a link to your site? I would like to see the module in action  :)

My main concern is that when I will be having 3-4pics on the home page, another 3-4 pics or more on every category page and another 3-4 pics or more on every manufacturer page, the requests from the server will jump out the window and the page size will increase drastically. The speed of the site will suffer also.

Is this the case?

No, like to keep my work private. But after working with this module for a few weeks I have to say it is great.

Hi

I totally understand on keeping your work private.

I bought the module last night. It has many features.  It needs time getting getting to learn it.

Is there away to change the width - height of a layer (the image layer  when  uploaded) ?

Do you recommend "importing the sample sliders" ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone and @jetx I was wondering if you guys can help me.

I used to use RevolutionSlider before that got messy so I just Switched to LayerSlider.

I have created my layers and its good to go but for the life of me I cannot get it to appear on the homepage as a banner.

I have chosen Banner as the hook and the homepage shows nothing.

I selected Top Block and this shows the slider for every page on the website - which is obviously not what I want.

Can anyone help?

Manish

Hi

I totally understand on keeping your work private.

I bought the module last night. It has many features.  It needs time getting getting to learn it.

Is there away to change the width - height of a layer (the image layer  when  uploaded) ?

Do you recommend "importing the sample sliders" ?

Import the samples, it basically shows you everything you need to know. And you will see when you do that where you can edit in the settings the layer dimensions, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...