Regenerate Thumbnails ..and 500 Internal Server Error...

Double X

Hiiii....

I have  this problem... when i go to make Regenerate Thumbnails...write me this error...

on url write :   500 internal server error

and down this...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Know someone , how can i fix it...???

Thanks....

Edited by Patras Icon (see edit history)

The "issue" is that it takes a while to regenerate thumbnails, especially if you have alot of product and category images.

If your host will not increase the time, or perhaps you ran out of memory, then you just need to keep regenerating images until it completes. 

The first time you do it, tell it to erase all previous images.  However on the subsequent tries, do not delete existing images.

Eventually all thumbnails will be generated

• 1 year later...

There are 2 ways to solve the problem without access to the hosting configuration.

1) Repeat the regeneration after the 500 internal server error, more and more times, but untick the "delete previous images" option. Do it until you see the process is completed. It is a sort of brute forcing.

2) Use a module that fix the problem, also it has buttons to pause and resume the process (it worked for me so it is my choice), the prject is in GitHub: https://github.com/meetjey/imageRegeneratorPrestashop

• Like 3