manofgold

How Do I Manage The Stock Of Products: Manual Vs Advanced Stock Management

Question

If i list 100 products and a customer buys 1 product, does the available quantity automatically go down to 99 or do I have to put in 99 manually. 

If I had advanced stock management and the same occurred...would it automatically go down?

I'm really getting frustrated using prestashop, no one who works there answers my questions and the only people I can speak to are the module live chat people. They just try to sell me things. They said I would need to create a special module with one of their partners so my store could what I listed above. I don't believe that. I think the only way to get support here is by other forum members or buying the 1500$/year help system.

3 answers to this question

why don´t you just try it yourself: register as a customer and buy one product and check if your stock went down from 100 to 99.

• Like 1

Because it is a really simple question that I thought someone could easily answer for me. Instead of buying something from my own store in Demo mode. 

Not sure if I get your idea, but it could work for you - decreasing stock based on purchase.

If it does not, you will need to verify:

- Which is the current order status of that order?

- And check if that order status is marked as Set the order as shipped

94b7ee0c-eb8b-11e5-8458-d911c015868e.png