[Solved] Error Property Meta->Url_Rewrite Is Not Valid

wmh90

I tryed (several times) to translate my store via BO and without succes I installed two modules that may have messed my DB (Crowdin and another one I already deleted and can't remember the name).

When I try to update my SEO pages, with their dynamic url, I got this error:

Reescrita campo URL deve ser preenchido pelo menos no padrão ou idioma Inglês.

To avoid it, I enabled the accented URL and changed to non accented URL and went back to not accept accented URL settings after changing it. It worked, but when I try to upload the Meta Informations, I got this error now:

Property Meta->url_rewrite is not valid

So I went to my DB and looked into the ps_meta and ps_meta_lang and all the pages are doubled (or tripled) with some latin characters (ç, ã, á, for example).

To solve this, I will have to delete all entries with id_lang 1 and 3? (As 2 is the BR language I'm using).

I know I can enable to accept the accented URL again, but I may still have this issue and now the DB is full of non-use data that may bother me in the future.

Any hints on what to do?

post-310373-0-11692300-1455843912_thumb.png

Edited by wmh90 (see edit history)

I may have the solution.

As I suspected, the third language was the one created by Crowdin module.

When I deleted it, the DB didn't got away with the module, so it became duplicate.

I only have one active language in the store by now, that is Brazilian Portuguese, all other I have deleted (when I installed Presta, it came with pt_pt too).

Of course I can't delete the main id_language 1, because it's English that is the core language, and I can't delete it by common way (read, BO).

So, I left my DB with data from id_language 1 and 2, and deleted the 3.

All works good and saving without errors.

Let's leave this as a warn to another people don't do the same mistake I did of trying too hard translate the store.

• 11 months later...

I had this problem aswell, here is how I solved it:

it's the no english letters that gives the error.

Delete the page and recreate it.

in the "Rewritten URL"-field, use only english letters, a-z.

That will solve it for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

If it helps anybody, I also had the error ''Property Meta->url_rewrite is not valid'' every time I tried to modify or even save the URL that was already in place. I did not have multiple pages like the the first posts author, that part was in order. Kimy's advice also helped me.

Edited by AlexTG (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2017 at 9:42 PM, kimy said:

I had this problem aswell, here is how I solved it:

it's the no english letters that gives the error.

Delete the page and recreate it.

in the "Rewritten URL"-field, use only english letters, a-z.

That will solve it for sure.

How to make new page? I guess with Add new page is not right way to do it, because in page name I can't find right page as original page was. For example: if I look into Best sale page I can find first field Page name: best-sales. But when trying to add new page, I can't find best-sale in field Page name. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I think I have found solution. As @wmh90 explained problem derives in deleted languages which still remain in database. 

First of all make backup of your web shop before you make any changes. 

Go to backoffice to International/Localization/Languages and check for Id of languages installed.

Log into cpanel, phpmyadmin and locate your database and then search for psfm_meta_lang table. Open it and filter id_lang by ascending number of Id. Delete all pages of id languages you don't need them. 

Then go to backoffice of your prestashop store into Traffic&SEO. Now you can edit URL pages. If you have to use more than 1 word in rewritten url, use sign - between words, for example: page-not-found. And use only english letter a-z. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, Bocco said:

OK, I think I have found solution. As @wmh90 explained problem derives in deleted languages which still remain in database. 

First of all make backup of your web shop before you make any changes. 

Go to backoffice to International/Localization/Languages and check for Id of languages installed.

Log into cpanel, phpmyadmin and locate your database and then search for psfm_meta_lang table. Open it and filter id_lang by ascending number of Id. Delete all pages of id languages you don't need them. 

Then go to backoffice of your prestashop store into Traffic&SEO. Now you can edit URL pages. If you have to use more than 1 word in rewritten url, use sign - between words, for example: page-not-found. And use only english letter a-z. 

Thanks @Bocco! That works for me. It's a bug of PrestaShop: when you delete a language that you are not going to use (from International > Localization > Languages), you got a message sayng "When you delete a language, all related translations in the database will be deleted."
https://pasteboard.co/If6sXBJ.png

But that does not happen. PrestaShop keeps the "deleted" information in meta_lang table and that generates a conflict when you try to edit a page from URL & SEO area.

My solution was listing contetnt in DB for language IDs and delete all elements with language IDs I was not using.
https://pasteboard.co/If6xUVa.png

Edited by immergente (see edit history)