My Shop Has Been Deleted

RRA

Question

Last year I started setting up a Cloud shop but due to health and a few other things I couldn't finish it but intended to as soon as I could.

Now I try to go back to it to get it finished but it seems like it has been deleted and I have lost all my work.

Is this normal?

I received no email to tell me it would be removed nor can I find any info anywhere to say this would happen.

• Like 1

27 answers to this question

You should feel happy and safe that your website on the cloud was not ONLINE and working ... because some other users of this "service" have been living a nightmare.. and some have really lost evrything.. ALL datas are DELETED and cannot be Replaced..

Thank who ?? 

You should feel happy and safe that your website on the cloud was not ONLINE and working ... because some other users of this "service" have been living a nightmare.. and some have really lost evrything.. ALL datas are DELETED and cannot be Replaced..

Thank who ?? 

Wow. What happened and when? And is the platform stable now?

Let's stop trolling please. We have more than 10.000 happy sellers on Cloud. Sometimes there are problems, yes. But we ALWAYS hear unhappy people more than happy ones. You don't like this, you may have your reasons, but please, be a bit objective.

We try to solve problems, stabilize the platform, it's not the hell you're talking about. But I can imagine me and our happy sellers won't convince you :)

About your shop, RRA, is it this one ? http://shop.rocketroseart.com/  ? it hasn't been deleted, it's still live. If you need help to connect, please ask :)

Let's stop trolling please. We have more than 10.000 happy sellers on Cloud. Sometimes there are problems, yes. But we ALWAYS hear unhappy people more than happy ones. You don't like this, you may have your reasons, but please, be a bit objective.

We try to solve problems, stabilize the platform, it's not the hell you're talking about. But I can imagine me and our happy sellers won't convince you :)

About your shop, RRA, is it this one ? http://shop.rocketroseart.com/  ? it hasn't been deleted, it's still live. If you need help to connect, please ask :)

It is not trolling at all, please read this post too for exemple : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/507437-ma-boutique-a-disparue/?do=findComment&comment=2258241

Please don't try to convice serious people about the cloud stability.... show me one HAPPY SELLER. only one ^^ that is really living on his cloud shop sales..? look hard .. search again, but please don't try to go on the marketing way here.

Hi Vincent. The store was recovered after I put in a support ticket. The ticket was answered quickly and all is restored, so that is great.

So the good impression left with me by your support team has now been ruined by you feeling it necessary to insult me with the 'trolling' accusation and your 'won't convince you' comment?

My question is valid. My store was gone, I did not receive any emails warning it would be removed and I could not find anything anywhere that made it clear that if I didn't log in for a period it would be removed.

I was asking if this was normal and expected someone would explain why it was removed. That's all.

I had no ulterior motive other than looking for an answer.

Sorry Vincent but the claim about us not been objective is trolling either.

For a year the Cloud has been pushing to the forum problems that was never seen before, not to mention that supporting the Cloud is not quite feasible by the community members.

You claim to have 80'000 shop in the Cloud, but support and response is perform by a liliputian number of team member. You'd expected the community to cover you while not only it is merely impossible, but everything is done to discredit those active members.

For a year you claim to allow Cloud's owner to upgrade their PrestaShop, for 6 months you claim it is done and looked for volunteers - I am and waiting still.

Now we see people more and more people loosing their shop/work, and not only because they have been inactive, and most without even a notice. Only response after days and numerous tickets is "things that have been deleted cannot be restored !?!". Even with Cloud's owner having orders pending, and activity up to the previous week.

Therefore people go to the forum to ask/complain and should you consider our responses to those problems "Sorry pal, the cloud s*cks" been trolling - which is empathy/fact it will not stop until you do your job - because you are paid for that, not us. Have a team responding swiftly and accuratly to all those Cloud's owner this will save us from reaching some Godwin point every now and then.

@Tweb :Oh, I forgot you had access to our databases :P

I'm not working at the marketing department, I just have data you don't have.

I won't give you the orders they have, I won't give you thousands of shops, I can give you lots of shops that lives from their Cloud activity. Maybe not on the forum because privacy respect, but here are a few I know I can give their names:

https://www.makeupatelier.fr/fr/

https://shop.quotidiano.net/

http://www.sticker-autocollant.com/

hundreds of  thousands of revenue per year on Cloud.

Yes Cloud is mostly for small businesses. No you cannot do whatever you want on a Cloud shop. But Cloud allow people that didn't want, didn't try to have an ecommerce shop via an agency because of the costs or because it's too difficult, to launch their activity. And when they reach the Cloud limits, they can migrate easily to a download version and then, they are helped by an agency because it means their activity is running well.

Cloud has never been aimed to replace download or to have the same scope. It's impossible and would have been against the community.

About the example you gave, this case had never appeard previously. We are working on it, I agree that's a mystery, and a very big one. Some shops were deleted because lack of activity, we deleted a few (maybe half a dozen, we can find their feedback here on the forum) because of a database problem. But a total reset of the shop, i've never seen that before.

Hi Vincent. The store was recovered after I put in a support ticket. The ticket was answered quickly and all is restored, so that is great.

So the good impression left with me by your support team has now been ruined by you feeling it necessary to insult me with the 'trolling' accusation and your 'won't convince you' comment?

My question is valid. My store was gone, I did not receive any emails warning it would be removed and I could not find anything anywhere that made it clear that if I didn't log in for a period it would be removed.

I was asking if this was normal and expected someone would explain why it was removed. That's all.

I had no ulterior motive other than looking for an answer.

Hi RRA, 

My apoligize if you felt insulted. The "trolling fact" was not for  you, of course. I'm really sorry for that misunderstanding. 

Usually, the shops are deleted after 6 weeks of inactivity (it means no connexion to the back office). There are several emails sent before this delay, and i'm trying to find why you didn't receive emails from us. It's under investigation.

The 80'000 I mention has been reported on various marketing events.

But even if my figures are wrong, yours are 10'000+ just to count the happy one's - let's compare that number with the human resources facing those owners that I should emphasis have choose the Cloud mainly because they don't have the background or don't wan't to cope with the various constraints of running their own plateform.

I dare you to say loud the number of dedicated in team expert that support such base on a daily basis.

Sorry Vincent but the claim about us not been objective is trolling either.

For a year the Cloud has been pushing to the forum problems that was never seen before, not to mention that supporting the Cloud is not quite feasible by the community members.

You claim to have 80'000 shop in the Cloud, but support and response is perform by a liliputian number of team member. You'd expected the community to cover you while not only it is merely impossible, but everything is done to discredit those active members.

For a year you claim to allow Cloud's owner to upgrade their PrestaShop, for 6 months you claim it is done and looked for volunteers - I am and waiting still.

Now we see people more and more people loosing their shop/work, and not only because they have been inactive, and most without even a notice. Only response after days and numerous tickets is "things that have been deleted cannot be restored !?!". Even with Cloud's owner having orders pending, and activity up to the previous week.

Therefore people go to the forum to ask/complain and should you consider our responses to those problems "Sorry pal, the cloud s*cks" been trolling - which is empathy/fact it will not stop until you do your job - because you are paid for that, not us. Have a team responding swiftly and accuratly to all those Cloud's owner this will save us from reaching some Godwin point every now and then.

Hi Doekia,

I agree with you on some points, of course.

First, here is my point of view, only mine, not the one of the company.

Cloud was launched in september 2014, maybe too fast, maybe not considering enough the unstability of the platform. It's hard to deny it. Since it has been launched, we have worked hard to solve this unstability and also the newcome problems you're talking about. Not enough, of course, as we still have problems, some merchants are still penalized by them.

There are lacks at every level on our side, I agree with it. Everything won't be solved easily, but our Cloud merchants can see better performances (since few months) because we delete inactive shops, so the platform is less empty. 

Important point : that's not because we have thousands of happy sellers that we have to give up the unhappy ones, with problems.

When I complain about trolling, it's not against the message that is said, it's just the way it is said. As previously said, I mostly agree with what is said. But as we are working hard on many points, it's not easy to hear that we are doing bullshit or we are lazy :)

But, I insist on that, we try to hear what's behind that.

• Like 1

Thank you really for this honest response - really I mean it.

The Cloud is the most critical - not to mean contreversial ;) - part of solution usage.

It is the front door that most new comer cross now to get grips on the "PrestaShop's solution". They face all the issues that starter will face and probably a bit more due the lack of background and apparent "easiness" of the approach.

I - should certainly say WE, but I speak on my name right now - having been giving a lot of personal time - yet pro-bono - at helping those who request for help and the Cloud does not fits well with this approach. Feel no worries, I do not face show stopper problem doing whatever I want on a Cloud but it need more involvement, either mine or the Cloud owner - just explaining where/how they can set/pass the FTP access requires some good sense of patience some times.

It implies that I think twice at helping someone soon I realise the problem sits on a Cloud instance. Not to mention the underlying hardware/architecture has never been near 99% availability - ransom of success ? not quite sure. Or no easy way to backup things prior doing any change what any professional approach should do. Or having to stick with buggy, yet obsolete version, not either.

So yes, my tendancy is to prevent people joining the Cloud because it will not gives any good for the community. Having to live with it, and since it is a major PrestaShop channel of revenue, I won't stop pushing for PrestaShop to have a work force compatible with this aim.

Hi RRA, 

My apoligize if you felt insulted. The "trolling fact" was not for  you, of course. I'm really sorry for that misunderstanding. 

Usually, the shops are deleted after 6 weeks of inactivity (it means no connexion to the back office). There are several emails sent before this delay, and i'm trying to find why you didn't receive emails from us. It's under investigation.

Hi Vincent

Apology accepted. It seemed you were responding to me. Please do look into the emails as I didn't receive any.

Hi RRA, 

Hi Vincent. I think my e-commerce was deleted after 6 unactive weeks..How can I use again Prestashop Cloud service?

Thank you. 

Our Prestashop e-commerce site www.Bushbabie.com has also disappeared. all i see in our profile is a link to create a new site. i don't even see the link to send a support ticket to get it back. i have called and left several messages on the Prestashop customer service number but received no response.

Can anyone please help us get our site back up and running? 

Thank you.

-BushBabie

both of my shops have been deleted!! absolutely crap..response was that i had received an email. Where the fk was this email??

im a journalist and not happy, hence informed one of my collegues who deal with online websites like this..watch this space...!

they sent me an email see the following: ive contacted omnibus and trading standards about it, as they clearly are wanting people to pay!!! fortunately, i have another backup..

Hello,

Your shop has been archived the 2016-10-27 because you didn't login since the 2016-07-07

We can't get it back on the Cloud because the available space for your shop isn't available any more. 
But we can send you a backup:they sent a link wanting £99

Or migrate your data on your own hosting with this: they sent a link wanting £299

Cloud service from Prestashop is not available anymore, good for you because you'll avoid problems .

Download prestashop and install it on a good  hosting space, it can be a cloud or dedicated serveur, Vps, shared hosting.. as you name it.

"""""""""""""""""This is the end. Beautiful friend. This is the end. My only friend, the end""""""""""""""""

Use google translate :

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/566933-annonce-importante-des-changements-sont-%C3%A0-venir-sur-prestashop-cloud/

Or read :

Announcement - Changes coming to PrestaShop Cloud   logo-prestashop-white.png Announcement
Changes coming to PrestaShop Cloud   Hello,

As a current user of PrestaShop Cloud, we wanted to let you know about some important changes that are coming. You will need to take actions on your PrestaShop store.

PrestaShop Cloud was one of our first SaaS offers and as such, we kept this product 100% free, which is very unusual in our industry. We did this to give our community a valuable way to get started, and to give us important feedback on a cloud version of PrestaShop.

Based on extensive feedback, it's clear that our community wants the option to have premium hosting services with SLAs, dedicated resources when needed, and 24/7 hosting support. In order to satisfy these requirements, we're going to change the PrestaShop Cloud offer for all new users.

For existing users like you, we will provide several migration options so you can keep your PrestaShop store running, without any interruptions to your business. We will send you more information in the coming days, but rest assured…. You will be able to retain 100% of your store. You will have choices for managing this transition, and our goal is to have zero business impact for you.

You will be asked to migrate your store by 1 February 2017 so please mark this date in your calendars. If you have immediate questions, please contact us at prestashopcloud@prestashop.com

Thank you,
Corinne Lejbowicz, CEO

Edited by yoorshop (see edit history)
  • Like 1