File (Photo) Uploading !

hi everybody

i am new to prestashop, building some functionality into my prestashop installation.

i am doing a module that adds some extra fields and tabs into the backoffice.

its fairly easy after following the guides of tutorial and some info given by a member to add text fields and set values.

but although i've searched a lot i cant find any info on how to upload an image file associated with the value of a text field.

1) how can i have lets say and image field associated with the value of a text field ?

for example i create my form and i have :

'input'=> array (
  array (
  'type'=> 'text',
  'label' => $this->l('configuration value'),
  'name' => 'customproductmyring',
  'size' => 20,
  'required' => true
),

array (
  'type'=> 'file',
  'label'=> 'upload charm',
  'name'=>'charm1',
  'display_image'=>true,
  'desc'=>'here you upload charms',
  'accept'=>'image/*',
  'required'=> true,
  )

how can i save these two values together ? shall i create a new db table and add the name of the photo and the value of the text field on another column ?

2) i am using the helperform class to generate the form. i catch the contents of the form in the getContent function. any ideas how can i upload first the file of the photo ?

from what i understand i should not use the standard html way of creating the form and i should use the helperform class like i do. but this way i dont create a port object to send info about the photo !!!

going through the classes i saw FileUploader, ImageManager. should i use functionalitites from these somehow ? is there a post object which carries the info of the photo ?

thanks in advance to anyone who might spend some time helping me.

Edited by papadoepsa (see edit history)