System Is Logging Into Someones Account For Other Customers

endlessxpressions

All of sudden today, a few customers have gone to the website and logged in, Yes it is showing and giving another customers account info! They can see the other customers personal information.

Whats weird is that 5 customers have told us this today, and they are all signing into 1 other customers account.

So customer Cari signed into her account but it is showing summer wilsons account and info.

HELP!!

I do not know why this is doing this all of a sudden and how to fix this. 

They are all able to see summer wilsons account info.. 

post-757200-0-66626000-1455733003_thumb.jpg

Now my slider is even gone missng.. ugh..

what is going on with the system? 

Acting up like crazy today! and we have changed NOTHING

if you have done nothing (like run a db cleaner or otherwise modified your db), and the  shop is deteriorating in front of your eyes, then it could be that serve related changes have been made by your hosting provide, possible some new underlying cache that is not compatible with any other than wp.  I'd give hosting a call to see if anything is going on .

Do you have some module for caching and what is that line above slider,onother module ?

Think I saw that issue before and think there is some topic on forum about that.

Problem appears when code from block userinfo is used outside of module, and then it got cached. But it could be something else too :)

I dont believe so.. Im not techy or a programmer so bare with me,

I dont have anything outside installed  as we do know really know how lol

I just got ahold of Hostgator. they say its nothing on their side they can see. Nothing has changed on the host side

Ive had quite a few issues with Prestashop previous with Cache (logging in and out) 

It has to have something to do my prestashop 

I truly have no idea what to do here. 

We have had the site up for months, and this is the first its crossed customer accounts.

We HAVE had issues with signing in and out previous.. we thought that was resolved. 

But no changes have been made with any modules, the cpanel, hosting.. etc.

Just "happened" today.

I cleaned the cache in the site - nothing changed with that. Wish I understood this a little better to know where to look

Yeah I also noticed that you get logged out when you move from https to http. 

For example if you browse my account pages it is OK but if you get to home 

you got logged out.

Try few things: disable that Post affiliate pro module and clear cache in back office and

also browser one. Then  you could also try to make whole site https by going to Preferences > General,

but this is not real solution.

Also check Advance parameters > General Information to see if all is OK there. 

• Like 1

We had a solution to fix the log in/ auto log out issue before but I can't find it now. It was one simple line I had to add to some file! And I can't find it LoL Did PS recently do an update? If yes, then that is why we have the log in /auto logout issue again.. it wiped out the code I put in there. I thought I saved it but NOPE! augh!

Enable PrestaShop Debug mode and recreate various issues and see if any additional information can be obtained.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

How do I see errors where I dont know what page to go to? 

SO sorry, im not understanding. I set it to true, went to my site.. but I dont see anything?

Current Issues:

1. Slider comes and goes

2. Cannot stay logged in. After someone logs in, it kicks them back out of they click anywhere. 

3. Some cant add items to cart. 

4.. Most cant checkout .. it kicks them off (I have discount groups) and then when they get to checkout, it wont let them pay. Says "Sorry, this feature isn't available right now An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later. If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know."

I have representatives, so each has a discount per their group. We have 3 groups (Customers, reps, founding reps) Nothing is working for anyone.

Host gator made no changes.

We made no changes

I think this is really outside of the scope (without hands on access) what can be solved.

My suggestion would be to look for 'paid' help in the jobs section.  

Then get a couple quotes but only from community members that are active in the forum.  I think you will be best served this way and can sleep better at night.

I can move this topic to jobs section if you like, let me know.

Update on the site issues....

1. Customers Cannot stay logged in. After they get to the sign in, and click somewhere else it logs them out

2. in some cases a customer will go to the site and some random persons (another customer) account is loaded on the site and they can see all their info.

3. The currency will no move off of CAD. Should by default be US. However its not, and no one can change it.

4. Site takes FOREVER to load another page.

just seems to not load some days either.. we are all having various issues.

I also need to full site audit if possible in case im missing anything

• 1 year later...

hi,

I just posted a job topic for a similar issue, and i just want to share my current situation..

my website theskincarecurator.com is hosted at BLUEHOST

i have been chatting with their support all day and just found out that they added new tech few weeks ago  "varnish caching"

this is what support said:

"it is because of the varnish caching technology which is enabled on our server. That is why the CSS and HTML file updates are taking time to show the new updates. Sometime, you can see the update immediately, sometime it may take few minutes or an hour. You can try adding varnish cache disable codes in .htaccess file try it. You can check and search for the codes through Google."

according to support it is possible for customers to see someone else's account through this technology because old pages are cached on the server.

I had them disable it and i hope it resolves the issue.

Also I am not sure why they would add this technology, they say because of it i now have to wait 30mins - 1hr to see if changes i do on the site will take effect. (seems to make site development difficult.)

Its something that is not recommended for shared hosting servers or people that do not know how to manage it. At the same time when you cache html with varnish you will break PrestaShop too. They are doing it to be able to squeeze more people on their cheap servers. 

Its something that is not recommended for shared hosting servers or people that do not know how to manage it. At the same time when you cache html with varnish you will break PrestaShop too. They are doing it to be able to squeeze more people on their cheap servers. 

yes i figured it was something like that....

its really sad that they degraded the quality of our servers, and we still had to pay the same fee.

But apparently we were paying extra for a dedicated IP, and the total amount of our hosting and dedicated IP is the same price for hosting on a faster server (with free dedicated IP).

so we just opted for that and our problem got solved..

sucky solution, but my customers were going wild already