Locked Out Of Admin Area

marcusdaley

Question

I have just launched my website using PrestaShop Cloud (1.6.1.1) - all has gone well, modules added etc until now!

I know the Cloud is a little buggy but we have got through a few small quirks along the way.

I am the admin user and now get the following message when trying to log on:

"There is one error.

1. The Employee does not exist, or the password provided is incorrect."

and when I select "I forgot my password" (which is not the case, but I was looking for a quick reset fix) I get:

"

There is one error.

1. An error occurred while attempting to change your password."

I have been looking at a lot of forum threads yesterday and today and can see this is not an uncommon issue. However most threads seem to relate to the self hosted version therefore the solutions involve getting into the database and resetting the employee access.

I have seen one Cloud related issue, and i have cleared my cookie cache (the solution this user found) but am still locked out. I have raised a Support ticket and am still waiting (and going crazy in the process!).

My most recent actions were:

1 - to point my domain name I want to use for my store to the cloud - Successful with no issues

2 - change my primary domain within PS to this domain name, from the original default PS one - Successful no issues

3 - Purchase SSL for my domain - Successful no issues

So my questions are:

1 - is there anything else i can do apart from waiting for PS Support to respond?

2 - Could my last few actions have triggered this authentication issue and if so how?

3 - To avoid this in future, assuming I get back in, would setting up 1 or even 2 more employees on the store be a cunning way of at least being able to access and administer my account whilst waiting to recover the primary admin employee? (I have one person who helps on my store, but does not have admin rights, and she can still access the back office)

Any ideas appreciated....I`m off to do my calm breathing exercises :)

5 answers to this question

I hate "caps lock errors"! Sorry bout that!

So I did not realise I had a SendinBlue account so went to their website, used my PS account email, and the forgotten password functionality, got into my account and looked up the recommended smtp settings.

Email on the store now works, and this should enable you to use the "forgot password" functionality;

Good luck!

OK, just wanted to update my thread as I have found a way in, but still would like to understand the issue - so if anyone can enlighten me and any others with this issue, please do.

I can still log in using my old default sub domain PrestaShop gave my store when I first set it up - so it looks like the authentication details are related only to that old sub domain, and not the main domain that is the main shop address now. I have edited an item by changing stock levels and it is updating the main site.

So to recap, when i log into my PrestaShop account all is OK and as usual. Since swapping my primary domain, when i click on "Manage my Store", the page it goes to now, the usual store login page, has a URL path that starts with my primary domain. Trying to access via this page does not work, error code "Employee does not exists or password incorrect" or some such like.

But if I then enter an old login page URL that I used previously when accessing the back office through the default PrestaShop store sub domain i had, the login page comes up and I can log in.

So this is a work around but are there implications later on in my editing through the sub-domain login?

Hi,

Did you resolve this?

I have a site setup on the Cloud. I want to add employees but the employee accounts cannot login. It tells me the name/password is incorrect and forgot the password fails.

I googled for where employee logins occur and I have found references to use:

www.shopname.pswebshop.com/admin or www.shopname.pswebshop.com/backoffice

both take me to the general prestashop login page. It appears that the employee must also register with prestashop?

Regards

Hi,

I have not come across this issue as such - I set up employee accounts, gave permissions levels, and they have logged in OK

but

I may be able to help with regard "forgot password" functionality - have you set up your smtp settings on your account (advanced features - email or something like that?)

This needs to be set up as i understand the forgotten password uses the stores smtp settings. This was the response from PS support:

"You didn't received the mail to reset your password because your email parameters aren't corrects.
To restore the default settings you need to look at the e-mail you have received from SendInBlue when you opened your shop.

Then, connect to your SendInBlue account and you'll be able to get back your personal parameters.

After, you just need to set them in your shop back-office in "Advanced Parameters" > "E-mails"."

i DID NOT REALISE

Thanks for the reply. I identified the issue for me. I didn't specify the https: so it showed me the Prestashop default login which then failed. Putting the full URL with https: took me through to the backoffice login for the shop and it worked.

With the two login screens looking so similar I didn't notice that I was not attempting to login to the Backoffice for the shop.

Always good info to have.