Help... Link To Database Cannot Be Established:

Labelshop.it

Question

Help me, my shop is in cloud and is not accessible.

returns me this message, even though I try to get into the back office .

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)

I think it is a server problem .. who can solve it soon thanks

5 answers to this question

The obvious places to check are under the config folder Settings.inc.php   you have to make sure you have the whole database name and user name.  Most hosting companies have a prefix they put in front of the name  for instance your_host_ID_prest1 same with the user. If you have copied prestashop and the database and put it on the new hosting site the prefix for the database will change.  Second of course you have to make sure that you have assigned the access rights for the user to the database.  We often will create a new prestashop installation and then change the original database to one used on another one of our sites to avoid having to upload 100,000+ products. Sometimes even though you assign rights to a user it still will not work.  We have found that the most likely users to work is the one used to install the original program on the original database.  Of course you have to reassign rights for that user to the database that you now want to use.  The second most likely to succeed  is the user name that was being used on the database that was copied.  You still have to match the cookie key in the database table employee to with the one assigned in settings.inc.php by copying the cookie key, erasing the current password in the employee table and pasting in the cookie key you copied from settings.inc.php and with no spaces add the password you used in the settings.inc php.right after the cookie key then make sure you assign the code MD5 before you hit go. MD5 is not the default and if not used you ill not match the password with the database.

If one user does not work try another, even though database rights have been assigned to both one may work and the other not?

Another error that will cause the link not to be established is having the wrong url assigned in the table shop_url.   You have to edit this very carefully.  Even if you are using the root category you still have to put the slash  \ on the next line  physical url ​if you don't it will not link at all or you will find you have no sub directory tools menu in the backend admin.  If you are placing the shop in a subdirectory such as prestashop  make sure that the slash / is not only before but after the sub-directory on the physical url line.  /prestashop/ otherwise there will be no link or again you will be missing the subdirectory menus in the admin section and only get the first default category such as general in preferences.

maybe I have the solution to your problem with "Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net' (4)"

go to your c-panel, find settings.inc.php and find define('_DB_SERVER_', ''sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net');

change "sql3.prestashopfr1.ha.ovh.net" to "localhost".

It worked for me

Or ask your hosting if it not working