Feedback On My Store

Advocatus

Can you please give me some feedback on my store. I would really like to find out what design improvements can be made, including anything that needs changing on the site that might help with SEO optimization?

I would also be interested in finding out the speed of the site which is hosted in New Zealand? (It might be slow outside of my target markets) The site is only targeting the New Zealand and Australian markets right now.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Edited by Advocatus (see edit history)

Hello

Well, I don't really know, I think, if it was me then I would go for a bit more glamour on the home page, perhaps some sexy leggy images.

Also, I cannot see any "call to action" buttons/image, for instance, "BUY THE BEST STOCKINGS IN NZ"  "50% off your 1st order",  "Like Us On Facebook And get 10% Off", that sort of thing.

I do like the drop downs on the product pages, they make the page load quicker and easier to read.

Speed is OK, about 4 seconds from the UK.

As for SEO, their will be at least A Million and One people that each say they will get you to page "1" on all and any search engines, but the only way I know is to have an easy to navigate site and to spread the word.

Anyway, nice site and I wish you all the best.

Paul

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I noticed (especially on chrome) that the main menu behaves oddly. When I hover on menu item it probably gets some additional padding, and other items move down. When i go down the menu, the items jump up and down. Also as for me the delay on menu hover is too long.

• Like 1

Hi,

I noticed (especially on chrome) that the main menu behaves oddly. When I hover on menu item it probably gets some additional padding, and other items move down. When i go down the menu, the items jump up and down. Also as for me the delay on menu hover is too long.

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I know what you mean with the drop down menu jumping up and down. When you said "the delay on menu hover is too long" are you using a tablet or PC?

Also, do you have any personal suggestions on how I could make the drop down menu look better? I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Edited by Advocatus (see edit history)

I would add a rule in superfish-modified.css:

ul.sf-menu li.sfHover ul li a {
   padding-top: 5px;
   padding-bottom: 5px;
}

That should fix the jumping problem.

As for the hover delay I'm on a PC, but I think you can leave it as it is, I'm just used to the submenus appearing a bit faster :)

• Like 1

I would add a rule in superfish-modified.css:

ul.sf-menu li.sfHover ul li a {
   padding-top: 5px;
   padding-bottom: 5px;
}

That should fix the jumping problem.

As for the hover delay I'm on a PC, but I think you can leave it as it is, I'm just used to the submenus appearing a bit faster :)

Thank you for the code!