Fatal Error When Upgrading 4 Module Addons

I have just had 4 updates which I attempted to update:

1. eBAY  2. Mailjet and there were two others that I didn't quite catch and when I ran the updates it came back with this error and I am unsure how to roll back, as it will now not give me access to the backend of my website.

PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/www/dutchyrecords.co.uk/modules/avalaratax/avalaratax.php: syntax error, unexpected ''customer_tax_address_id'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING)

Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Kevin Holland[

attachment=142817:Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 14.28.11.png]

post-1107110-0-92416900-1454941395_thumb.png

Hi Kevin, you will see that issue if you are using a version of PHP that's less than 5.5.x.  We have created an update to solve this, and are currently awaiting PrestaShop to review and release it.

Meanwhile, the resolution is fairly simple.  You will either need to update your version of PHP to 5.5.x, or replace one file. This process is explained here:

Also, be sure to check out the README once you update to make sure your Avatax module setup is correct:

Let us know how it goes, and good luck!
  • Like 1

I have now rolled back to the previous version of PHP server and with DEBUG still turned on, I am now getting the following error:

PrestaShopDatabaseException]

Table 'alexwils_ei25.dutchyPS_ebay_order_errors' doesn't exist

TRUNCATE `dutchyPS_ebay_order_errors`

at line 791 in file classes/db/Db.php

786.         if ($webservice_call && $errno) {787.             $dbg = debug_backtrace();788.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);789.         } elseif (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS')) {790.             if ($sql) {791.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');792.             }793. 794.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());795.         }796.     }

I have attached a screengrab:

post-1107110-0-88224600-1455036703_thumb.png

post-1107110-0-10588500-1455036844_thumb.png

Edited by Dutchy Records (see edit history)

It looks like a lot of things might be going on here at the same time.  Initially when you updated 4 modules, you saw an error with the Avalara module due to an old version of PHP, but updating PHP seems to have caused another problem resulting in a 500 error.  Debug mode didn't provide an error, and a good next step might have been to look at the server logs for the root error.  But, you took an alternate logical step of rolling back PHP, and now it seems that you're seeing a problem with the eBay module.

My suggestion at this point is to roll the store back to a known good backup, and try making these updates on a development or staging server, where your main site will be safe, rather than continuing to work on the live site.  If you can restore your main site to a good backup, we can help you work through the situation on a staging machine.

For anyone arriving at this topic with the same issue, here's a summary:

If you are running PrestaShop on a version of PHP that is older than 5.5.x and using version 3.5.6 of the Avalara module, you'll either need to update PHP to 5.5.x or following this procedure:

Also, be sure to check out the README once you update to make sure your Avatax module setup is correct:

And, please make sure you backup your store before making ANY updates, and make all updates on a staging server prior to doing so on a live server.

Good luck!
Edited by nurelm (see edit history)

I have managed to fix it.  I removed the ebay module from the server and that enabled me to finally log into the back end and I have just reinstalled it.  I had done backups of the database, but I am not sure if I have ever backed up the store and am unsure how to do this as I cannot see how to do this in Prestashop (1.6.1.2).

I think I have fixed the Avalara module, as I amended the file as your resolution suggested.

Many thanks for your help regarding this matter.

Kevin

• Like 1