Issue With Free Stripe Module By Ollie. Help?

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the free stripe module provided by Ollie. On one page checkout, it does not work properly when a customer checks out as a guest. When one first goes to the checkout page, they are able to successfully enter credit card information and it validates normally as they type. However, if they enter their address information on instant checkout first and then press save, the stripe form no longer properly accepts the credit card information. Customers will still be able to enter the info, however pressing 'confirm payment' will result in a stripe processing error message each time. Once they receive the first error message, and then enter again the exact same credit card info, the charge processes correctly. So essentially, a customer has to enter their cc information 2x with each order: the first try will give a payment error and the second will be approved.

This seems to only be a problem on one page checkout with guest checkout enabled. 

Does anyone know what the problem may be or how to fix it?

Edited by Milliona (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with the free stripe module provided by Ollie. On one page checkout, it does not work properly when a customer checks out as a guest. When one first goes to the checkout page, they are able to successfully enter credit card information and it validates normally as they type. However, if they enter their address information on instant checkout first and then press save, the stripe form no longer properly accepts the credit card information. Customers will still be able to enter the info, however pressing 'confirm payment' will result in a stripe processing error message each time. Once they receive the first error message, and then enter again the exact same credit card info, the charge processes correctly. So essentially, a customer has to enter their cc information 2x with each order: the first try will give a payment error and the second will be approved.

This seems to only be a problem on one page checkout with guest checkout enabled. 

Does anyone know what the problem may be or how to fix it?

Hey, Did you find the solution for this I am having exact the same issue?

Nope. I just ended up buying Stripe Payment Pro. I contacted the developer, but he took forever to get back to me. In a production environment, you don't have that kind of time to wait for support. You're better off just paying for a module with dedicated support in case you have any issues.

Hey, Did you find the solution for this I am having exact the same issue?