martinofmoscow

Module for collecting donations

I'm really impressed with Prestashop, it's done pretty much everything I've asked it to do.

One thing I can't seem to find though is a module for collecting donations easily. I'm working for a non-profit organisation who would like a feature for customers to make donations, as well as buy products. I'm aware that we could set up products, each with a number of different 'combinations' to deal with the donation amount, but this seems a bit presumptuous, we'd rather customers enter their own donation amount.

I'm quite surprised actually that I haven't found a donations module, as important as they are to many open-sourcers.

Has anyone come across a more elegant solution than I've found?

Thanks a lot.

Mart.

I need the same thing. Is there a way for the customer to enter a dollar amount after selecting the product?

just create a category called donations

create product's

product A donate 1$
product B donate 5$
product C donate 10$

now people can choose the amount they want to donate and add this to their order.

we used this for Haiti

just create a category called donations

create product's

product A donate 1$
product B donate 5$
product C donate 10$

now people can choose the amount they want to donate and add this to their order.

we used this for Haiti

Thanks nostradamus for the reply. As the original poster mentioned, giving the customer the ability to add their custom dollar amount is what they are seeking as well as I. I think the goal is to make it more user friendly for the customer.

add something like this to a block like addstuff http://www.ecartservice.net/free-prestashop-modules/

><head>
[removed]
var _next=0
var USD=(_next++);
var GBP=(_next++);
var CAD=(_next++);
var EUR=(_next++);
var JPY=(_next++);
var cost = new Array();
   cost[uSD]="10.00";
   cost[GBP]="20.00";
   cost[CAD]="30.00";
   cost[EUR]="40.00";
   cost[JPY]="1000";
[removed]
</head>

<body><!--Please send paypal donation to webmaster@newscoop.co.uk for this code-->
<!--http://www.newscoop.co.uk/paypal.htm-->

<!--put this in your body tag - this will reset amount when page is refreshed-->

<BODY>

</pre>
<table>
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" name="currency" target="_blank">

Currency

$ US Dollars
£ UK Sterling
C$ Canadian Dollars
? Euros
¥ Japanese Yen
amount<input type=text readonly size=6 name=a3 value="?"></td>

Click button.<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/images/x-click-butcc-subscribe.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!" width="73" height="44"></td>

</table>
<br></form><br><br>[removed]<br>document.currency.currency_code.selectedIndex=0;<br>document.currency.a3.value=cost[0];<br><br>function updatePrice() {<br>var _v = document.currency.currency_code.selectedIndex;<br>var _x = document.currency.currency_code[_v].value;<br>var _y = eval(_x);<br>document.currency.a3.value=cost[_y];<br>}<br>[removed]<br><br><!-- END PAYPAL Subscription Insert --><br></bo

Thanks for the response. I'll look into what you suggested to see if it will work. Thanks again for helping. I wonder if I can use my gateway instead of PayPal though.

Hello. We just had a PrestaShop Donations Extension or Module built and it is working great. You can use whatever payment method you want and not just Paypal. We also added in the extra optional feature of Round up to Charity. It cost us a pretty penny to have this module built and then installed. It has been fully tested and is working perfectly. Below are some of its main features. If this is something you would like to look at for your own PS cart then contact us and we will help you out. The cost for the use of this module with installation will be $600.00 complete. We can show you it at work before purchasing. View attached file for a look at it. Reply to this thread for further details. 

Features List:

• Ability to add charities (customers will be able to select a fundraiser they want to donate to) drop down menu style. Ability to customize charity name in the back-end of extension, i.e. General Fund, Book Fund, TV Broadcast, Prison Outreach, etc.. A total of 5 editable options will suffice.
• Ability to enable donations on the last checkout step with round up option. Round Up option to nearest $ optional (Donation amount will be calculated as rounding of an order's total, i.e. if an order's total is $19,00 the donation amount will be $1.00). We believe this will allow to increase donations drastically)
• Full Donations Statistic
• Ability to specify a minimum donation amount
• Ability to accept donations even if no product is purchased. Even if we do not sell anything donation can be made. 
• Ability to see a donated amount for each charity
• Ability to define a default charity (it will be pre-selected on the front-end)
• Customers select charities in a user-friendly pop-up at the checkout page
• Donation field is visible in the Cart totals, on the Admin Order View page, Invoice page and printable PDF Invoice. Donation also needs to be visible on email confirmation page sent to customer upon completion of transaction. 
• Detailed reports of Donations accepted with ability to sort, filter and export to CSV, XML formats
• You can see a total donated amount and number of customers who gave donations. 
• Ability to edit orders with donations
• Ability to separate donations for tax donation purposes. Meaning donation amount can be kept distinct from merchandise amount
• 100% Open Source

post-293799-0-55931800-1396629652_thumb.png

post-293799-0-91035400-1396629653_thumb.png

Hello again. The PrestaShop Paypal module for donations is fine if you are okay with the Paypal transaction fees and besides that it does NOT have a feature for rounding up as mentioned above. These are two of the many reasons why we decided to invest in something else. Thanks