Anti Hacks, Anti Brute Force Attacks Module

Forgive me if this already exists but I haven't found a good solution to my problem.

I'm looking for a module that can offer protection against Brute Force Attacks. I know there are some that allow for manual blocking of IPs, but this doesn't seem the most practical thing, or the safest, when there's a Brute Force Attack and hundreds of IPs, from different countries are used.

what I need is a module that detects when an IP is trying to log in repeatedly and then adds it to a list of blocked IPs.

For other CMS, Wordpress for instance, there are plugins -i.e., Wordfence, with free and paid versions- that detect when several failed login attempts are coming from the same IP (one can set the number of fails within a time period, let's say 10 fails in 5 minutes) and when this happens it puts the IP address in a list of blocked IPs -this list expires after a couple hours, which is safeguard in case the failed attempts are not coming from a malicious source. 

Anyways, If anyone has information about any of such modules please let me know.

Thank you so much.

The only module I know that can help is my PrestaVault module that monitors changes to file system, sends alerts when modifications are detected and allows you to rollback (when malicious) or commit (when good change).  The detect is based on file date/size/and if permissions changed.

for ddos and ip blocking, on decent hosting can be obtained at hosting level.  This is recommended simply because they react before reaching the cms and are pretty well worked out and known.

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have this ip that keeps coming back.   My prestashop version is 1.6 and I am hosted by OVH. Is this detrimental to my website? 

Thanks for your advice 

kind regards

Len

IP address result: Classification Crawler Crawler name bot_AhrefsBot.png AhrefsBot/5.0 ->Crawler detail Respect robots.txt: no Last seen 2016-02-12 15:06:38 DNS name ns3026532.ip-51-255-65.eu Country France (FR) City Roubaix Data center OVH external.png

IP address result: 51.255.65.44 Classification Known attack source Last seen 2016-02-14 20:48:07 DNS name hydrogen042.ahrefs.com Country France (FR) City Roubaix Data center OVH external.png