What Is Up With My Ranking?

Aart95

consoleproducts.nl

My website (consoleproducts.nl) used to be top 3 in google's ranking about a year ago. At the time I used magento as CMS but due to the complexity of magento I decided to switch to prestashop. This switch took around 3-4 months meaning my website was offline for 3-4 months, this must have hurt my SEO very badly.

Ever since I'm having a lot of trouble ranking within google even though the descriptions, titles and speed are way better now. I know getting ranked properly takes time but it´s been 2-3 months now seeing my website on the second or third page on google with no progression at all.

I have the feeling my website is penalised by google and I'm pretty clueless on what to do. 

Suggestions and advice are appreciated!

Switching to SSL was a good move. Google has indicated that would be a good thing for web sites. Removing the WWW was a big deal. www.consoleproducts.nl and consoleproducts.nl are actually consided 2 seperate domains. So basically you are starting fresh.

The good news is that you were doing well before, and I took a look for backlinks to your web site version WWW and I couldn't find any. So that means you may not have too strong of "Internet" competition in the Netherlands. Your web site is good, so try to get some decent inbound links and you should be back on top eventually.

You are on the right path. :)

• Like 1

Switching to SSL was a good move. Google has indicated that would be a good thing for web sites. Removing the WWW was a big deal. www.consoleproducts.nl and consoleproducts.nl are actually consided 2 seperate domains. So basically you are starting fresh.

The good news is that you were doing well before, and I took a look for backlinks to your web site version WWW and I couldn't find any. So that means you may not have too strong of "Internet" competition in the Netherlands. Your web site is good, so try to get some decent inbound links and you should be back on top eventually.

You are on the right path. :)

Thanks, but I really doubt this

Still not seeing any progression and at the time this domain was new and fresh it climbed way faster in the ranking then now

Is there a way I could refresh my domain completely?

Edited by Aart95 (see edit history)

You really think it is a problem with your domain? Just like you can't predict the future by past performance, you cannot replicate past performance on a fast changing platform that is Google.  Looking at where you are and what you have done I would at this point do something that would improve your ranking, as I have mentioned, links from your suppliers would be all you need. 

I can promise you if you simply try to replicate the past and try to turn back time by messing with your domain even more and once again, you will just be spinning your SEO wheels.

You really think it is a problem with your domain? Just like you can't predict the future by past performance, you cannot replicate past performance on a fast changing platform that is Google.  Looking at where you are and what you have done I would at this point do something that would improve your ranking, as I have mentioned, links from your suppliers would be all you need. 

I can promise you if you simply try to replicate the past and try to turn back time by messing with your domain even more and once again, you will just be spinning your SEO wheels.

Will try to get some backlinking and just wait it out, will probably post the results in a few weeks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Aart95,

The best link you have on your site is to the www version of the https:// and not directly to the https://consoleproducts.nl version

It is here http://www.chrispellefotografie.nl/partners.htm Your link is written on there as https://www.consoleproducts.nl which does not resolve correctly and also gives Avast safe zone warning. Just get the photographer to change it and that should help some.

Then get yourself some more inbound links and you should be better off again.

Cheers

Daryl