en Jump to content
Maxime Biloé

New Default Theme For Prestashop 1.7

The first beta version for PrestaShop 1.7 is approaching quickly, so we have started to work on the new 1.7 default theme, currently named “He who must be named” — tentatively named “classic” for now, for lack of a better name :) It is based on the StarterTheme that we’ve been telling you about here on Build — what best way to test what we’ve been working on for a while?

As a reminder, the StarterTheme is a minimal theme for PrestaShop with all the necessary features for a proper ecommerce theme, but without any style and as little JavaScript as possible, so that theme designers can build their theme upon a strong foundation. If you want to know more about it, keep reading!

new-default-theme-home.pngnew-default-theme-product.png

Working methods

We have decided to work on a dedicated branch on the main PrestaShop GitHub repository. This branch is frequently rebased (or ‘updated’, if you will) on the feat/starter-theme branch, which is then itself rebased on the main develop branch — where all the 1.7 fun happens. This way, we get all the evolutions without disturbing the other projects.

Don’t hesitate to get involved and contribute to the Starter Theme! We have a dedicated Gitter discussion channel, and you can follow the planned work on our Trello board.

The project team is composed of Léa (UI/UX), Jessica (UI/UX), Nicolas (Front-End Developer), Ivan (Front-End Developer), François-Marie (Product Manager) and myself (coordinating with the StarterTheme team).

Let’s talk about technic

In the new Prestashop 1.7 default theme, we will minify all the media files by compiling them into one single file per media type: theme.css and theme.js. In order to do that, we are using webpack, a module bundler, working with Node.js. It prevents us from making too many HTTP(S) requests to the webserver to load all the assets when you access to the website.

Check out our original blog post for details!

What about UI/UX?

The main guideline we wanted to follow when we designed the default theme is that it must be able easily adapted to any kind of products sold on the website. We chose to make something visually lighter than usual, so that the real stars of the shop will be the products!

To help our front-ends developers, our designers have made a style guide. It allows us to ensure a graphical consistency in the new default theme.

What’s next?

The new default theme is still work in progress — and the Starter Theme is being fine-tuned throughout its development. Both will be released in beta at the same time that PrestaShop 1.7 beta version. Soon, then!

We want this to be a community effort! All your comments and feedbacks are welcome, and we will be glad to hear them. Come talk to use on the Gitter channel, and if you have a good idea for the Starter Theme or the default theme, don’t hesitate to make a PR on their respective GitHub repository!

Currently, the two themes are in their own branches, which is not ideal for contributors who work from the main `develop` branch. We're doing our best to get everything merged into the `develop` as soon as possible. It should happen over the coming days. If you want to work on the default theme, it is now relatively easy: just install it as if it were the `develop` branch. The default theme will be installed by default (as expected!) and set up with all the modules at the right positions.

Looks nice, this new 'classic' theme - but I'm afraid that in important parts it's not usable for Europe.

Or can we expect a modified release of AdvancedEUCompliance for PS 1.7? (Which would be a crucial issue if this were the new theme!)

Otherwise the current checkout process would be a huge step back. I am really stunned that it seems you totally missed the discussions during the last 3 years (catchword: 'AdvancedEUCompliance') about legal requirements to make the checkout process compliant with European law.

I notice not even an approach for a sort of modular system for a better arrangement of the order steps. Just the opposite: The checkout of the new 'classic' theme composes the steps from an esthetic point of view - quite similar to the new invoice template. Hardcoded!

But this is an e-commerce system which has to be compliant with e-commerce law of the countries where it is used. It's unbelievable!

The theme is perhaps not yet mature, but in my view is the current trial anything but convincing. Technically perhaps, but not in content! Instead, one gets almost the following impression: Maybe ... PrestaShop finds the outer-European market easier to handle and more attractive. However, in this case you should make it clear for those who live in European countries, especially the DACH countries (Germany, Austria, Swiss), that PrestaShop gives up a business there (and actually in France too ;) ). Well, I guess this sounds implausible and absurd. So there remains only the assumption: it's just a matter of ... ignorance.

It wasn't easy and it was annoying to modify 1.5 or 1.6 to make it compliant with European law; it seems to be even more difficult with 1.7, because you have to reconstruct the whole checkout programming now. The look is important but is not the first spot. The usability is crucial!

Or are these attempts for a new theme standard just sand-table exercises and only misinterpreted by me?

This is a new theme. That is a module. The theme or the version still has not made it out of alpha testing, I am sure the module will be upgraded to work with the theme. 

Right, no alpha version yet, but the direction taken is clearly to be seen. Overlooking the deep code changes I don't believe that an upgrade of AdvancedEUCompliance would be sufficient. If I am not totally mistaken this would require a completely new developed module. The current version (from 1.6.1 on) is not even fully developed.

Bonne chance! ;)

To be honest, after looking at it and looking at the changes I think most every module is going to have to be rewritten to work. I don't think there are any payment gateways currently that work with it, or other modules really, just some of the core ones that have been rewritten. 

Yep! :)

This is why I expressed my concerns publicly. A modular developed theme would have been a real advantage. And that was what I actually expected when I first heard about the new starter theme. But confronted with this new default theme  ...

• OPC where you have to click the edit button to view the details.
  • No possibility to open all details on one page, if you click one, the previous closes.
  • Hardcoded confirm terms of trade and order-confirmation button in payment-modules.tpl (not compliant to European law).

... and so on!

As tidy as unusable! :unsure:

There's a lot of things to do related to default theme and 1.7 in general, I think it is time to work on Trello board and split tasks to "Priority" and "For future releases" because now Trello board is a little messy, smaller tasks are needed now - and this will help also community members to help with finishing touches of StarterTheme and Classic theme.

I hopefully read this blog entry: http://build.prestashop.com/news/starter-theme-news-3/

I quote Maxime Biloé:

Payment API

To provide the best user experience possible for customers, and to guarantee that PrestaShop orders respect the law in all countries, we implemented a new payment API. To do that, we chose to respect the strictest requirements we know about : the German ones.

The German requirements being strict doesn’t mean that the checkout process will be tedious. To the contrary, the way we need to structure the page to abide by German best practices results in a user experience that is very reassuring to customers and helps increase conversion rate.

So PLEASE make sure that European laws REALLY are considered out of the box. In the last few years it was always a pain to use special modules like advancedeucompliance, EUlegal, gcgerman an so on. That are all good modules, but they are not core... :(

@schibulski

It was mainly this statement of Maxim Biloe that inspired me to my objections.  ;)

@Krystian Podemski

Trust me, I know how to distinguish between a theme and a module, or between the starter theme and the new default theme. And I guess I know which modules are peripherally and which instead have been implemented for good reasons in the Core.

Unlike you I have been involved during the last years in the negoticiations about making PrestaShop compliant to European law and ready for e.g. the German market, and I guess I can judge this. In this regard, I don't need  - though certainly well-intentioned - instructions about the difference of modules and themes. I appreciate your attempt to make the discussion more structured and clearly arranged. But just take into account that my thoughts were perhaps a step further.
Anyway, the impliciation of your answer to my objection on Trello board, that compliancy to e-commerce law has currently no priority was very enlightening. Maybe I'm wrong, but in my view this reinforces my current suspicion that the development of PrestaShop 1.7 moves away from the goals achieved so far and sets the priorities to programming techniques and less to usability and compliancy of a working e-commerce solution. Believe it or not, but apart from other crucial issues the checkout process could be decisive for the meanwhile more than 4000 PrestaShops (alone in Germany) to remain loyale to this shop system in the future or not.

I neither think that a one-sided direction like this proves economically promising nor am I convinced that this is what the persons responsible for the strategic alignment in Europe really want. (Well, I hope so. :))

Lets be honest, these EU compliance things need to be a module, not a core feature. The EU market is comparatively small as compared to the rest of the world that does not need these features. I would like to see some better US tax handling. Lets not forget the US has almost the same GDP as the whole EU. But then you start adding China, Japan, Brazil, and other countries that do not need these features. It does not make sense to have them bundled into the core. The configuration table is already slow to return things since it cannot be indexed. Lets not make it slower. 

Oh, I noticed, that is why I am hoping it is removed from being a core features. The limitations of one country or one region should not be pressed on the product as a whole. That is just not how modular development is supposed to work. It really does not matter where the core developers are, they should have the forethought to add a module into the core. I am wanting this to be corrected in 1.7. 

@schibulski

It was mainly this statement of Maxim Biloe that inspired me to my objections.  ;)

@Krystian Podemski

Trust me, I know how to distinguish between a theme and a module, or between the starter theme and the new default theme. And I guess I know which modules are peripherally and which instead have been implemented for good reasons in the Core.

Unlike you I have been involved during the last years in the negoticiations about making PrestaShop compliant to European law and ready for e.g. the German market, and I guess I can judge this. In this regard, I don't need  - though certainly well-intentioned - instructions about the difference of modules and themes. I appreciate your attempt to make the discussion more structured and clearly arranged. But just take into account that my thoughts were perhaps a step further.

Anyway, the impliciation of your answer to my objection on Trello board, that compliancy to e-commerce law has currently no priority was very enlightening. Maybe I'm wrong, but in my view this reinforces my current suspicion that the development of PrestaShop 1.7 moves away from the goals achieved so far and sets the priorities to programming techniques and less to usability and compliancy of a working e-commerce solution. Believe it or not, but apart from other crucial issues the checkout process could be decisive for the meanwhile more than 4000 PrestaShops (alone in Germany) to remain loyale to this shop system in the future or not.

I neither think that a one-sided direction like this proves economically promising nor am I convinced that this is what the persons responsible for the strategic alignment in Europe really want. (Well, I hope so. :))

My English is that bad? I didn't wrote to you. I only pointed out that currently there is a lot of tasks on Trello without priorities and this must be changed to prevent situation where we will not have most important features in first releases. And I didn't wrote that EU Legal features have "no priority" or something like that... please read my posts carefully. I'm sure that team is aware of these legal problems in EU because PrestaShop is mostly used in Europe.

Eleazar I don't know what is happening to you but I see in last days some weird posts from you and not good behavior, please calm down. I agree with @Dh42, Core should be that flexible to prevent situation where we need to have these EU-related features in Core which doesn't mean that we want to simply ignore main PrestaShop market...

Looks nice, this new 'classic' theme - but I'm afraid that in important parts it's not usable for Europe.

Or can we expect a modified release of AdvancedEUCompliance for PS 1.7? (Which would be a crucial issue if this were the new theme!)

Otherwise the current checkout process would be a huge step back. I am really stunned that it seems you totally missed the discussions during the last 3 years (catchword: 'AdvancedEUCompliance') about legal requirements to make the checkout process compliant with European law.

I notice not even an approach for a sort of modular system for a better arrangement of the order steps. Just the opposite: The checkout of the new 'classic' theme composes the steps from an esthetic point of view - quite similar to the new invoice template. Hardcoded!

But this is an e-commerce system which has to be compliant with e-commerce law of the countries where it is used. It's unbelievable!

The theme is perhaps not yet mature, but in my view is the current trial anything but convincing. Technically perhaps, but not in content! Instead, one gets almost the following impression: Maybe ... PrestaShop finds the outer-European market easier to handle and more attractive. However, in this case you should make it clear for those who live in European countries, especially the DACH countries (Germany, Austria, Swiss), that PrestaShop gives up a business there (and actually in France too ;) ). Well, I guess this sounds implausible and absurd. So there remains only the assumption: it's just a matter of ... ignorance.

It wasn't easy and it was annoying to modify 1.5 or 1.6 to make it compliant with European law; it seems to be even more difficult with 1.7, because you have to reconstruct the whole checkout programming now. The look is important but is not the first spot. The usability is crucial!

Or are these attempts for a new theme standard just sand-table exercises and only misinterpreted by me?

The theme system was specifically written in order to offer a cleaner way of writing themes, more object-oriented and thus more modular, and the default theme was created with the Advanced Eu Compliance in mind. Also, the Classic checkout process is not organized aesthetically, but logically. And it can perfectly well be modified by theme developers.

I am curious to know how you came to the conclusion that we are releasing an incomplete and non-EU compliant new theme.

We did a lot of upstream research, of which the initial Advanced EU Compliance module was only a first part of (and result of). We conducted interviews and worked with a specialized agency about this very topic. We went as far as to change the Payment API in order to cater for the German/European market, and thus had to update dozens of payment modules. And you're telling all this work was for naught? Color us surprised!

Please, if you know something that we don't, let us know! Give us a detailed feedback about how we can improve EU compliancy!

(but through a Forge ticket linked here, please, in order to not flood this discussion)

Xavier to make it short: As per your request I opened on bug tracker this report: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-522. Other problems with fresh installed PS 1.7. alpha I added here https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/518435-problemsbugs-found-on-prestashop-17-alpha/ and on the bug tracker as well.

I'm sure eleazar will find some more other issues regarding EU-Compliance, I added only the real basics one.

@Xavier Does this mean that EU compliance is or is not bundled in the core? If it is bundle I would like for US tax compliance to be bundled as well.

@Xavier Does this mean that EU compliance is or is not bundled in the core? If it is bundle I would like for US tax compliance to be bundled as well.

@Dh42: What´s so special about the US tax compliance that is not covered by a prestashop default installation? Just out of itnerest? Is the law in the US also that weird that nearly EVERYONE could start legal actions against you when you forget the point over the "i" ? So what kind of childish question is that? :blink:

The US ecommerce tax system is very complicated actually, a lot more complicated than the rest of the world and PrestaShop has never been able to handle it. Neither have they been able to handle vouchers in respect to US tax compliance. 

No, everyone cannot start legal actions with US over the tax issue. The government can though and the penalty here is jail, which is more severe than someone suing you. I think we could both agree to that. 

Hi Xavier,

first of all I really appreciate this ambigious step to rewrite important parts of the core and offer a totally redesigned starter theme. This is a real big step forward. So please don't mistake my post as a kind of devaluation. Or in Krystian Podemski's words "weird" and misbehaving ... rage(?). :)

Nothing of that kind! I'm far from attacking anybody, and if someone considered my words disrespectful or rude, I apologize. It was more a provocative intervention. :rolleyes:

But ... apart from this I'm really not sure if there is a real balance between core improvements and content in important features.

Let's talk about the new checkout which I called as tidy as unusable:

post-452242-0-71667000-1459878621_thumb.jpg

Is this the OPC we really need? Why do you prefer these toggling windows whereas other shop systems offer a clear summary of all relevant informations as order summary on the last page? In my view this is not a OPC but more a 5-step-checkout on one page.

How come that after endless discussions about this issue the confirmation of the terms of trade and the checkout button is still hardcoded in the payment-step.tpl (though now a one-for-all solution which is definitively a real improvement):

<form id="conditions-to-approve" method="GET">
      <ul>
        {foreach from=$conditions_to_approve item="condition" key="condition_name"}
          <li>
            <div class="pull-xs-left">
              <span class="custom-checkbox">
                <input  id    = "conditions_to_approve[{$condition_name}]"
                        name  = "conditions_to_approve[{$condition_name}]"
                        required
                        type  = "checkbox"
                        value = "1"
                        class = "ps-shown-by-js"
                >
                <span><i class="material-icons checkbox-checked"></i></span>
              </span>
            </div>
            <div class="condition-label">
              <label class="js-terms" for="conditions_to_approve[{$condition_name}]">
                {$condition nofilter}
              </label>
            </div>
          </li>
        {/foreach}
      </ul>
    </form>
  {/if}

<div id="payment-confirmation">
    <div class="ps-shown-by-js">
      <button type="submit" {if !$selected_payment_option} disabled {/if} class="btn btn-primary center-block">
        {l s='Order with an obligation to pay'}
      </button>
    </div>
    <div class="ps-hidden-by-js">
      {if $selected_payment_option and $all_conditions_approved}
        <label for="pay-with-{$selected_payment_option}">{l s='Order with an obligation to pay'}</label>
      {/if}
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="modal fade" id="modal">
    <div class="modal-dialog" role="document">
      <div class="modal-content">
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>

I'm sorry, but this is not what I'd call a modular solution. It seems to be just a perpetuation of past errors into the future.

I'm really not sure if the new theme makes it easier than before to hook or implement the European law compliancy. It would make me happy more than anything else if I'm wrong.

But when I think of the development time of the current module which in my opinion is still a construction site I really fear that it will take a long time till we reach the a satisfactory solution.

As far as improvement of EU compliance is concerned, I assume you know the paper I discussed this February with Guillaume.

post-452242-0-71667000-1459878621_thumb.jpg

okay, thanks for the information. So when everyone who is using prestashop in the US is hurting the law that much, than I´m really wondering why prestashop is so popular in the US and why there is not a module like "Advanced US Compliance" or similar out here? I´m also wondering that i don´t know a single onlineshop in the US whos behavior is different than prestashops default? Hmm... But you are right: I agree to you that going to jail is harder than paying thousands of Euros to anyone who wants to fuck your business.

@schibulski The US tax system is difficult, we have 50 states and 4 different taxing methods. Some states use an easy taxing method, some of the others are vastly more complicated. That is why there are 3rd party modules to handle our taxing. 

I don't know where you are getting your stats from, but PrestaShop has been losing ground in America for the last couple of years. It is reasons like this as why they are losing ground. 

A little more information, these are our basic tax methods, https://taxify.co/2015/08/19/origin-vs-destination-based-sales-tax/

So if you are a company based in a destination state which includes some of our biggest most population dense states like New York, you have to keep up with over 15,000 tax zones. https://www.avalara.com/learn/whitepapers/states-rates-debates/

@schibulski The US tax system is difficult, we have 50 states and 4 different taxing methods. Some states use an easy taxing method, some of the others are vastly more complicated. That is why there are 3rd party modules to handle our taxing. l]

We have the same situation oft complicated tax rules also in other American Countries (South and North). To cover all in the core is difficult. Better to code this in localization pack (already done partially) and the remaining missing one in modules. I will not miss advanced EU compliance as a module and not in core.

@selectshop I was actually being sarcastic about it being in the core, I don't want it in the core. PrestaShop needs to be more modular, I think this is a thing the devs are not understanding when they develop it. The differences between the countries and zones in the world are so different the systems cannot really exist together. Like in American, the standard voucher system is opposite of the EU one. Voucher tax handling needs to be in a localization module. There are just so many things that need to be in modules and less in the core. It would make the product so much more stable as well. I would love to see ASM and multi-shop moved out of the core too.

schibulski have you ever heard of AVALARA service for prestashop, that is for some prestashop stores a way to avoid all these complicated tax configuration that in fact are impossible to set properly according to strict US laws with core features of Prestashop, and by the way, prestashop is not so famous in US.. most of people never heard of it yet ^^ and that is not going to be better when we see what is going on for 1.7 version. Hope that it will help ^^

Edited by Tweb

@Xavier Does this mean that EU compliance is or is not bundled in the core?

In the Eternal Words of Fight Club's Narrator character: "some of it, yeah" :)

tumblr_lfz718I2pi1qaw29eo1_500.gif

Seriously, though: Advanced EU Compliance is still going to be a module in 1.7. Only, some of its options (most notably the checkout-specific ones, I'm told) have been removed because the 1.7 default theme implements more best-practices than the 1.6 one did. The module is being updated as of now, so don't go trying its current version with 1.7 :)

There is no Advanced US Compliance module in the works -- no more than there are local compliance modules planned from us. We just don't have the manpower for that at the moment. We invite the community to collaborate on any compliance module they should see fit, and I for one would be happy to have more local compliance module available for all.

As you say, Dh42, the US tax system is VERY complicated, and I doubt a compliance module would be the place for that. As Tweb said, I'd point you to the Avalara module (and service).

As for voucher differences, that would make for an interesting first setting in a potential US Compliance module -- or just a nice Core option to have! If you see how you would like it to be and you can team up with like-minded developers, I'd say you should submit a WIP pull-requests on the 'develop' branch and work you way from there! And, that would be a good to test the system's modularity -- and ask us for specific hooks and such :)

--

Eleazar, thanks for the more detailed feedback, I've forwarded it to the team!

But a quick answer already: what you see is not the One Page Checkout, because... the OPC has been removed from default theme (a developer could easily turn it back into place -- it's just not in the default theme). What you see is a 4-step checkout process, arranged into a way that is easier to grasp for customers (yes, we made UI/UX testings, and continue to).

--

selectshop.at, thanks for the Forge ticket! But please remember: one issue per ticket, not 9! :) And don't add more issues in the ticket's comments (I'm looking at you, Eleazar) :)

Cheers, you all!

Hey a quick shout out about US Taxes, if you are not a brick and mortar store, there are no sales taxes...that's pretty simple...Amazon is behind the push for sales tax on internet sales simply because they have their own internal Tax code support.  Point being they know many ecommerce shops will not be able to comply and it will hamper the small entrepreneur.  Happy day from downtown KC Missouri, last years baseball world champions.    (and legend fight club member)

I want to crosslink a problem I found on the new Prestashop Theme. Although it was worked on SEO Improvement there are some things missing, i.e, theme with bugs or not satisfied fulfilled: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/480580-want-to-know-more-about-17/page-5?p=2295551&do=findComment&comment=2295551

You don't understand US taxes then. Read this, http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/50-state-guide-internet-sales-tax-laws.html

The key term is nexus. 

as I said, if you have physical presence (bring and mortar store) yes, else no.  So yes I do understand US taxes.

The General Rule: Physical Presence in the State

The current default rule throughout the United States is that you must collect sales tax on Internet sales to customers in those states where your business has a “physical presence.” 

You really need to consult with an accountant, this is just not true. The law on what is a nexus is pretty clear and a home office qualifies. Also someone doing business in a state qualifies without a home office, like a traveling sales person. 

You should read anyone of these articles

http://blog.taxjar.com/home-state-nexus/

http://blog.taxjar.com/sales-tax-nexus-definition/

Also one thing to note, money is used as a nexus in some cases. I cannot remember which state, but there is one in the north east that actually uses a mount of transactions in their state as a nexus. So if you do over xx dollars in their state, they consider you as having a nexus in the state and tax you. The amount is pretty low too, it is only around $10k - $20k a year. 

One thing to consider as well, is if you have an employee that telecommutes from another state, you are considered as having a nexus in the other state as well. http://www.ngelaw.com/files/Publication/fdecec6e-17f2-44d4-bfd4-adcf651c3777/Presentation/PublicationAttachment/1d4ed66b-28ab-4c6a-a8fe-b1f118edb39c/Establishing%20State%20Tax%20Nexus%20Through%20Telecommuting%20Employees.pdf

I see a lot of chatter on here about US tax laws and how complicated they are well I have to disagree they are not complicated at all just involved.

First I will use Florida as an example, the law here states that tax must be collected at point of destination.

In Florida we have a state tax of 6% then each county can add a surtax if desired and this ranges from .5% to 1.5%.

So our shop is in Desoto county and I am shipping to Sarasota county I need to collect 7% tax 6% for state and 1% surtax.

Now here were it is a little tricky as Prestashop uses zip codes to define tax rules, and in Florida some zips fall into different Counties with different surtax rates, this is why ranges do not work

In 1.4 you created the Counties, for Florida 57 if I remember correctly then there are hundreds of zips to be entered into each County, some Counties have 5 to 10 and others like Dade have 20.

In 1.4 you could enter these one by one and Prestashop created a list if you came across a zip that was used in another county you would receive an error that the zip was already in use and at this point you could as I did find the zip in your list (Notepad++) and either skip it or move it to the County with the higher surtax rate.

Then you went to States/Florida and checked add both that was it taxes worked perfectly and were collected correctly.

Since 1.5 only ranges are allowed and this does not work as if you enter ranges for each County rule you create Prestashop will charge both surtax rates in the event the ranges overlap.

The only other option would be to create a rule for every zip so just for Sarasota you would have 15 rules or hundreds and hundreds for the whole State.

In 1.4 you created 57 and added the zips that was it, it was not hard once you got the hang of it.

Now as stated above if you have physical presence in another state you would also need to collect tax when shipping to that state.

It would seem to be easier to implement taxes by using County for taxes instead of Zip, this would require adding County to registration but then you could create the county add the surtax rate select use both (State & Surtax).

This way it would not matter if you live in a zip that is used in several counties with varying surtax rates as you would be charged according to your County.

The reason so many use Prestashop without correctly working tax rules is what is the other option.

I stayed with 1.4 all the way through 1.5 just because of this change to the tax area of Prestashop, however after talking with the accountant about the issue she said not to worry just collect State tax, well no worry for her anyway, so I finally upgraded to 1.6.0.6. (now 1.6.1.4)

I wrote many post about this and some tutorials for 1.4 tax setup, reported issue with 1.5 tax ranges to the forge but was told it would not be changed/fixed.

For all that Prestashop does it is a shame that the US taxes are not better implemented.

nice and simple theme...

when available for the merchants??

Hello Prestan,

This will be released in the same time than PrestaShop 1.7 and only compatible with this version.

We don't have a release date for the stable version for now. We are currently on Alpha phase and soon on Beta.

Regards.

The single product view is full width on the screenshot.

Which is a great thing, isn't it? "Clean look" and having extra bars everywhere is a bit contradicting. I like when customers get attracted by the actual product, not by all the shop software features exposed.

Which is a great thing, isn't it? "Clean look" and having extra bars everywhere is a bit contradicting. I like when customers get attracted by the actual product, not by all the shop software features exposed.

I don't mind a full width option for single products as long as there is an option to have a sidebar because a sidebar is not necessarily distracting but can be a useful addition to the single product. This is why I am asking if there is an option for a sidebar.

P.S. Anyway ... I have tested it. A left sidebar is possible as well as a right sidebar (in the settings). However the layout breaks if a right sidebar is activated. With a left sidebar the layout is correct. A right sidebar would require some work at the css.

Edited by prestamax

Yes, in Classic there are 3 layouts available:

- Full Width

- 2 columns: One small (left or right) and a main one

- 3 columns: A left & a right column, and the main zone

Currently, the right column is broken on Classic but it will be fixed before the final release.

The template developers will be able to create as many layouts as they want, and not necessarily with columns.

Regards.

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More