Customize Email Templates - Code And Stuff

Hi guys

So, long story short.

I upgraded to 1.6.1 and >> obviously << pretty much everything stopped working. Specifically for the purpose of this post: The one-page-checkout started throwing the error that it didn't find the customer's first and last name, despite those fields actually being filled.

That problem turned out to be caused by my customized OPC-file. So I updated the file and did some customization. The standard file had the customer input her name twice, and then pulled the name information from the second set of input fields. Therefore I've swapped the code in the first set of fields with that of the second set and commented out the second set - getting the OPC to function properly again, without having the customer to input the same information more than once.

The problem then, is that the BO now tries to pull the wrong name information. Apparently, it tries to pull the information from the original first set of fields, which I've changed so that they now use the code from the second set. In other words, my order- and customer-overview in the BO lists the customer names as "undefined", and the emails (order confirmation, shipping confirmation etc.) goes out with "undefined" when I use the shorthand {firstname} in the templates.

The question is then: How do I fix this?

More specifically, where can I see what Prestashop tries to pull when you use shorthand like {firstname}, and can I theoretically change that to any attribute from the OPC (like: id, name and so on )?

Any help would be hugely appreciated! :)

• 4 months later...