Install blank page

Hi, FireDog,

I just had the same issue on my shared Webhost with installing an application that would only run in PHP5.  As with your host, apparently, they run PHP4 by default, but PHP5 is also available on the server.  You can create a file in a text editor that has the following line:

AddType x-mapp-php5 php

Note the spaces after "AddType" and "php5".  Save the file with the name:

.htaccess

Upload the file to the root of your installation on the server or to the folder that contains the files of the application (PrestaShop) that you want to run.

Hey ganton

thx a lot for ur help...its really works, i mean better than before.... now i got another problem...

errorssdq5.jpg

something is wrong i guess!!!!

i did what u say, i created a .htaccess with "AddType x-mapp-php5 php" inside and put into the INSTALL folder.

almost there!!!!!!

Hello, again, FireDog,

I see what your new issue may be.  The .htaccess file should be just inside the large folder where you uploaded *all* of your PrestaShop folders and files, not further down in the Install folder.  So, if you were starting all over again:

1. Download the PrestaShop zip folder from the PrestaShop Website to your local computer.

2. Unzip the files, still on your local machine.  This will give you the PrestaShop folder/file structure, ready to upload to your Web server.

3. Using your FTP program, upload the folder/file structure, just as it is, to whatever folder you choose for the PrestaShop installation on your Web server.  That folder could be the root (first) folder you see on your server, or you could create a folder within called prestashop, store1234, or whatever.  Let's assume you named it store1234.  After uploading, the store1234 folder will contain PrestaShop's folder/file structure, including the admin, install, classes folders, and all the other folders and files.  You would now upload your .htaccess file directly into the store1234 folder, along with the others.  There's no need to drill down into the folder structure any further for the .htaccess file.  Now go to (for example):

http://www.yoursite.com/store1234/install/index.php

from your local machine's Web browser and the PrestaShop installer should run normally.  The .htaccess file should take care of telling your Web server to use PHP5 instead of PHP4.  After I responded to your first post yesterday, I installed PrestaShop just as indicated, on the shared host with both versions of PHP that I described, and it worked perfectly the first time.     

Hello, FireDog,

You shouldn't need to do *all* the steps above, unless you think you need to go back that far.  I intended the items mainly as a checklist, so you could confirm what you've done.  Unless something else got corrupted, you probably only need to move the .htaccess to the new location and run the install process again.

Hi folks,

A big thank-you for your clear, detailed assistance, ganton.  Would you mind if I incorporated this info into our documentation wiki, which I'm currently revamping?

(FYI, the doc wiki will be opened for public editing upon release of PS v1.0.  SVN access will also be made available at that time.)

Ok ganton no problem...i will do averything again...

i have one question. the Prestashop main folder already has a file named ".htaccess".

do i overwrite it?

i mean where did u put ur ".htaccess" should be here i guess....

cya

Hi FireDog

i have one question. the Prestashop main folder already has a file named ".htaccess".

do i overwrite it?

i mean where did u put ur ".htaccess" should be here i guess....

You're right, your .htaccess should be there, yet you're wrong about our .htaccess: Unless you've renamed it .htaccess, the PrestaShop main folder contain a htaccess.txt and not a .htaccess yet.

But you can merge them without a problem ;)

Concerning your problem, it seems that your server doesn't interpret the PHP correctly and that's why you were able to see the PHP source code in your browser :-

I think your .htaccess needs some extra lines that only your hosting service can supply you.

For example, the popular French hosting service OVH requires "SetEnv PHP_VER 5".

So the only way to get around it is to contact your hosting service for the specific text to put in your .htaccess file.

Once you've obtained that info, please share with us which lines your hosting service told you to add, provided it solves the problem of course ;)